SOLD Easter Madness! Spendor A5r - small floorstanders inc. Gaia feet £275- !!!

SOLD

listenup

Wammer
Wammer
May 16, 2006
nr Cambridge, ,
AKA
Bob
New price, £275- for speakers in excellent condition and Gaia feet as shown ( but will be dusted!) a real bargain.

Purchased new in November 2016 from Fanthorpes, Hull, at around £1900, these were just the right size for our lounge. (830h x 165w x 250d - thats the speakers, not the lounge!)

P1020591.JPG

Unlike previous A5 speakers which were ported, the 'r' suffix denotes a sealed box - making them more suitable for the difficult position here between cabinets.

Sounded good from the start,they are 2.5 way, and at 87db sensitivity and an 8 ohm nominal load (min 4 ohms), they are also easy to drive.

P1020592.JPG

Review here - https://www.hificorner.co.uk/blog/post/spendor-a5r-floorstanding-speaker-review

Finished in cherry, they are still in very good condition and I cannot find a blemish, so buy with confidence that you will not be disappointed about the way they have been treated.

Priced at £750-, the price will include 8 x Isoacoustics Gaia 3 feet as shown in photo (sorry about the dust!) which would cost £400- today, plus original unused Spendor spikes. That is a good price considering the condition and the feet, but some speakers which I really want are available now.

Located near Cambridge, I have the original boxes but do not want to send them. My experience of couriers and the damage that they can cause has been bad, so collection only - or you could arrange your own pick up.

P1020595.JPG

P1020594.JPG

P1020596.JPG

P1020597.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DomT and hifinutt

listenup

Wammer
Wammer
May 16, 2006
nr Cambridge, ,
AKA
Bob
Yes, Track Audio platforms.

Once set and adjusted they form a really stable base for floorstanders, but also work well with stand mounts. They make adjustment for the correct angle easy too, even with Isoacoustics Gaia which have a 'suction' effect on to the stands. Just tilt speakers onto one corner, then pivot to suit.

Reactions: hifinutt

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just seen an ad. for a set of Gaia 3 at £299-.
Buy my package, sell the feet and keep a very nice pair of speakers - for cheap!
Do you have the boxes for the Gaia's?

Whilst I'm not the buyer for these, this suggestion is great for someone. The Gaia's will sell near instantly on eBay for £300.

Interestingly the last pair on eBay of these speakers to sell was over £800. Therefore, these, with feet included too, are a bargain!!

GLWS.

Ps - I'd be interested in buying the platforms if you ever want to sell those.

listenup

Wammer
Wammer
May 16, 2006
nr Cambridge, ,
AKA
Bob
HiFimanDan - Replied to PM. Yes, I have packaging.

Amormusic - Yes, I have boxes for the Gaias, with the alternative fittings to those I have used.

Those Track Audio platforms are too useful at present. My room is carpeted over parquet floor, and if the correct position for the platform causes a spike to fall in one of the gaps between bits of wood, it is easily levelled.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought an identical pair of these 18 months ago off these boards, for the same price (minus the fancy feet!) and I love them, tucked away either side of a chimney breast. Lovely speakers these, a bargain for someone I feel. GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online