Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer. Is it really as good as they say it is?

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

val

Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 3, 2007
London, , United Kin
AKA
Val

Tony T

Tony T
Wammer
Jul 14, 2020
London
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s an interesting product that could potentially be very useful, especially if you can rip CDs via external drive to the SSD that can easily be fitted to the unit. No more laptop for ripping and streaming would be a major improvement ergonomically for me.

I think it’s important to get a good idea of the UI involved with this product and see what early adopters impressions are so I’ll have a look at the unit in six months or so and see what others think about it before investing.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s an interesting product that could potentially be very useful, especially if you can rip CDs via external drive to the SSD that can easily be fitted to the unit. No more laptop for ripping and streaming would be a major improvement ergonomically for me.

I think it’s important to get a good idea of the UI involved with this product and see what early adopters impressions are so I’ll have a look at the unit in six months or so and see what others think about it before investing.
Yes, you’re right. Longevity is key with a streamer, especially with the app which appears extremely good by all accounts.
It does make the Cambridge CXN look extremely dated tho.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yet another example of forum hype. Virtually nobody has heard this or even seen one.

Are they reliable? Do they work well and consistently? Are they glitchy? How do they sound? Are they being sold legally (I can't see any UKCA/CE markings)?

All remain unknown, outside of 'net hype, yet many are prepared to shell out in advance and wait. Why? Just to be amongst the first? It'll be exactly the same product in a few months time, but at least there will be some real world feedback.

It could well be really good. One thing I can say, is that their marketing has been first class.

Last edited:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Price looks not unreasonable, but I'd want to have an in-depth look at the software before commenting further. I'm still of the firm belief that the streamer itself, much like CD transports, is going to make small and subtle differences, certainly compared with the DAC. Therefore, it would be a 'no' from the Rab jury, simply because at the price I doubt I'd hear much (if any) difference from my Node with upgraded PSU. Not to mention that I really only use streaming for mucking about and 'lazy music'.

Mainly, the user interface is crucial. I'm used to BlueOS, and although it has a few oddities, it works seamlessly here and is straightforward. I would be less than happy to find a replacement was less intuitive or problematic, and I can well imagine that the software development is a major aspect of any new streamer.

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All remain unknown, outside of 'net hype, yet many are prepared to shell out in advance and wait. Why? Just to be amongst the first? It'll be exactly the same product in a few months time, but at least there will be some real world feedback.
There has to be the people to take the punt now though to provide the real world experience. Hats off to them.

Someone once posted on here that anybody that buys new is an idiot. There would be no hifi for any of us without the idiots who make r&d and production worthwhile for the companies.

PeteVid

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
South East London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yet another example of forum hype. Virtually nobody has heard this or even seen one.

Are they reliable? Do they work well and consistently? Are they glitchy? How do they sound? Are they being sold legally (I can't see any UKCA/CE markings)?

It could well be really good. One thing I can say, is that their marketing has been first class.
There is plenty of real world feedback, good and bad, from owners on ASR, just not on here.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Like many, it measures extremely well, with any issues outside the audible extremes. I say 'like many' because this is generally true in digital streaming. It has had a positive review on ASR, but the internet is prone to mythology around certain products, with one review becoming folklore only for high numbers of that product to be for sale within a short period. Proceed with caution, listen and evaluate the software, unless you are happy to proceed on the strength of the odd review.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was the point of this thread, I gather there is some links to Hifi Rose (maybe) and from the comments I’ve seen, it stacks up on paper. As @rabski says tho, it’s about support network and user interface. Longevity and sales with user reviews will be key.

Reactions: rabski

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I've got one on order. :)
I've ordered one to take with me when I go abroad, it will hopefully save taking a mini pc, monitor and dac. I do not need loads of facilities, as long as it plays back my library music and I can stream a bit that will do nicely for me.

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1. I would be looking for long term support and upgrades to the software to keep it up-to-date with streaming environments.
2. User interface is crucial, as are how buggy it is and what platforms it supports.
3. Resale value, unknown at present, but I suspect less than 50% of retail.

I have no interest in it, but things to think about.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There has to be the people to take the punt now though to provide the real world experience. Hats off to them.

Someone once posted on here that anybody that buys new is an idiot. There would be no hifi for any of us without the idiots who make r&d and production worthwhile for the companies.
I predominantly buy new or ex dem from authorised UK dealers.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Like many, it measures extremely well, with any issues outside the audible extremes. I say 'like many' because this is generally true in digital streaming. It has had a positive review on ASR, but the internet is prone to mythology around certain products, with one review becoming folklore only for high numbers of that product to be for sale within a short period. Proceed with caution, listen and evaluate the software, unless you are happy to proceed on the strength of the odd review.
Frankly, anything liked on ASR is a good reason to avoid said product.😁

I took a look there once. Oh dear. Nerd central with oscilloscope fetishes 😀. I have a tacit agreement with ASR; I shan't trouble them if they provide me with the same courtesy.

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would be interested in one of these to replace my existing Yamaha WXC50 streamer as it appears reasonably priced however, I would have to have it on trial first and I couldn't find any for sale when I looked. I will wait and see.

Cheers Ady

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online