Firebottle Plus MM & MC phono stage for sale.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have decided to do the unthinkable & move on my Firebottle Plus phono stage. During the last few months I have acquired quite a few cartridges, both MM & MC, looking for the right sound from my kit, but I have found that rather than just enjoying the music I am constantly changing carts & listening for differences & comparing strengths & weaknesses of them all, so I have decided to stick with MM carts for now, with a dedicated MM only phono stage.

The Firebottle has a bit of a cult following on fora like this, & once heard it is easy to see why, with all the strengths that valves are famous for, great versatility & easily switchable from MM to MC without having to open the case, & the shoebox size makes it easy to site. I am not one for hifi hyperbole so I won't talk about "veils being lifted" or any of that nonsense, suffice to say it is a very very good stage, especially considering the price.

Before I made the decision to sell I spoke to the guy who made it, Alan, & he told me he can upgrade this almost to the level of his new phono stage, the Vivant, which he is selling for just over £1,000, for the miserly sum of £200, which is amazing really.

I would like £350 for this Firebottle, plus £15 for fully insured postage, or you are welcome to collect if you are near enough, or I could bring it to you within say a 50 mile radius of Bournemouth.

IMGP2080.JPG

IMGP2077.JPG

IMGP2073.JPG

IMGP2074.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope you don't sell it before next weekend, as looking forward to hearing this on the 27th.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope you don't sell it before next weekend, as looking forward to hearing this on the 27th.
To be honest John I had forgotten about that, but most things are taking a while to sell here so I am sure I will still have it.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am withdrawing this item now so no longer for sale. I have recently bought a new pre-amp & the Firebottle is really singing again so going to keep it.

Also a quick note on what I said about potential upgrade of the Firebottle, I shouldn't have revealed details of a private conversation that may or may not apply to other people, so sorry for being slightly misleading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online