FOR SALE - ATC SCM40 v2 Speakers (Passive)

jonboy_rs

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Due to a impromptu upgrade purchase my SCM40’s are available for sale. 

Finished in cherry in good condition complete with boxes etc. There maybe the odd slight mark here and there consistent with their age but they are overall very good.

Price is £2500 firm 

Located in Leicestershire 

Any questions please let me know. Will be adverted elsewhere. 

More photos available on request. 

4F9FA8DE-6AD9-4DE0-AF9F-B820A2DD88EE.jpeg

Reactions: Bodgit

jonboy_rs

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're both fast movers! Hoping this will be a slick wammer-to-wammer transaction.

Jon, where in Leicestershire? I'm a few miles NE of Melton Mowbray.
I’m in Ashby de la Zouch. About 30 mile from Melton. 

Audiojack

New Wammer
Feb 20, 2021
Hi 

is this still available. I wanted to know if this handles dynamics well. I listen to a lot of ambient and dance music.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jonboy_rs

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi 

is this still available. I wanted to know if this handles dynamics well. I listen to a lot of ambient and dance music.

thanks
Hi I have someone else interested. They handle dance music very well. They are derived from studio monitors and given a good amplifier they are very dynamic and fast. Thanks 

Audiojack

New Wammer
Feb 20, 2021
hi bodgit 
Ok I am tempted what is the difference between the 2 versions. I have a Hegel 390 will that work well with these speakers?

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The MK1s are simply the earlier version - squarer, boxier - and have an older version of the tweeter

atc-scm40-265389.jpg

As far as I know they have the same bass and mid range drivers as the MK2s but an older style tweeter so the top end isn't quite so sweet. My speakers are about 10 years old, I think the MK2s came out about 7 years ago (EDIT: Mk 2s came out in 2013).

Your amp looks pretty good, 250wpc is a fair bit of power and these speakers do like a lot of current - they're not the easiest to drive, but your amp seems a good amp for the job. I'm using 300W mono blocks. I've also used a Tact/Lyngdorf Class D amp with these speakers and they really rock along and get your feet tapping.

I was brought up on the old Quad gear - ESL57s and 22/II valve amps so I love the transparent sound of those but want more pop, slam and drive, these are a great modern version that gives this at a reasonable budget.

I'll DM you with a price guide rather than spoil this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles