Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow that’s a seriously stunning result! You should be really proud of yourself and I will be using some of your room treatment ideas as my preference is to have treatment built in so that you don’t know that it’s there. I really like the colour choices and it seems a wonderful space to listen to music in. In London we did something similar using a dark blue. My HiFi is nowhere near your level though. In Portugal will will have a separate music room like you.
Thanks a ton for the appreciation sir :)

Hiding the treatment to the extent possible, and getting an aesthetically pleasing listening room, cum a small study was the main idea. I still haven't treated first reflection points so far. And also plan to add diffusion on the front wall. But iam taking it really slow at the moment, as I want the future additions to blend into the room while still being effective sonically. Will look forward to your dedicated room build to get ideas that I can implement. All the best sir :)

newlash09

Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this the foot-fetish thread?

This room I quite heavily treated, although you can't see any of it. Of course, unlike @Idlewithnodrive, I did nothing physical myself other than tap numbers into my Barclays app.

IMG_1581.jpg
Lovely room sir :)

By any chance can you please share some info on side wall treatment at first reflection points. As iam presently stuck at that point in my own room.

ssfas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2013
London, UK
AKA
Steven
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

By any chance can you please share some info on side wall treatment at first reflection points. As iam presently stuck at that point in my own room.
The wall on the left is lined with a product called Karma Acoustiwall and a long chaise. Rug, Soundbloc on the ceiling and right wall, plus vinyl along the right wall, seems to work pretty well.

Keeping the speakers quite close and sitting quite near probably helps. When the room is quite small, no point pretending it's bigger or trying to make it bigger by putting speakers too close to the walls and sitting at the back of the room. The speaker location was fixed by my Wilson dealer, it was pretty magic what he managed to do.

I once bought some of those acoustic panels, the wife gave me a dirty look and they went back the next week. We live in a house, not a recording studio. Robert Harley's book, it's massive, but has a lot of useful info.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPLETE-GUIDE-HIGH-END-AUDIO/dp/0978649362

Last edited:

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow that’s a seriously stunning result! You should be really proud of yourself and I will be using some of your room treatment ideas as my preference is to have treatment built in so that you don’t know that it’s there. I really like the colour choices and it seems a wonderful space to listen to music in. In London we did something similar using a dark blue. My HiFi is nowhere near your level though. In Portugal will will have a separate music room like you.
lovely, when can i move in .
The wall on the left is lined with a product called Karma Acoustiwall and a long chaise. Rug, Soundbloc on the ceiling and right wall, plus vinyl along the right wall, seems to work pretty well.

Keeping the speakers quite close and sitting quite near probably helps. When the room is quite small, no point pretending it's bigger or trying to make it bigger by putting speakers too close to the walls and sitting at the back of the room. The speaker location was fixed by my Wilson dealer, it was pretty magic what he managed to do.

I once bought some of those acoustic panels, the wife gave me a dirty look and they went back the next week. We live in a house, not a recording studio. Robert Harley's book, it's massive, but has a lot of useful info.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPLETE-GUIDE-HIGH-END-AUDIO/dp/0978649362
.🤣must be a wife thing, my wife had the same reaction, when i ordered acoustic panels for our house

Reactions: ssfas and DomT

newlash09

Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

[URL]https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPLETE-GUIDE-HIGH-END-AUDIO/dp/0978649362[/URL]
Thanks for sharing sir :)

Reactions: ssfas

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I found this company:

www.muffle.co.uk

They sell a vast range of acoustic products, way more choice and ideas than the standard GIK stuff, and give me very good advice.

This was a product I almost put in my office until I went for a different sound system.

[URL]https://www.muffle.co.uk/brands/baux.html[/URL]
Great shout on the link, thanks for sharing. I shall run some of these past the other half (who is generally pretty easy-going with most things) as I want to do some room treatments when we refurb the lounge

ssfas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2013
London, UK
AKA
Steven
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

What may have gone unnoticed is that the 4 lights in the ceiling (there are 6 in total) are also speakers, and very good ones too. They go down to 40Hz at -6dB, about 55Hz at -3dB. The speaker part was designed by Lawrence Dickie, who designs the Vivid Audio speakers and for 15 years was the chief engineer at B&W. Each unit is a 24/192 wireless streamer, 75w amplifier, speaker and light. Roon Ready, Amazon HD, Tidal, Alexa, AirPlay and other things onboard. They have very clever dispersion so fill the room with sound. I have them throughout the house.

• Love
Reactions: newlash09

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For those people who came to my room at the show and asked …..is this your setup at home

A6B64612-AC11-4EEB-985D-BF9397226F78.jpeg
The only thing with your music room Keith is you need more hifi boxes mate it just does'nt look complete.
1664991005894.png 1664991005894.png

• Haha
Reactions: MF 1000

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The amp/DSP rack is hidden in the lhs corner behind the speakers
What is the distance between speakers and from listener to speakers?
They look too far apart but it culd be the panorama stitching...

Have you tried moving just the 3-way cabinets closer to the chimney breast?

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Roughly 4 m between the speakers and 3 m to my listening position .
The plinths either side of the chimney breast are immovable objects 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DomT and tuga

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online