Other

Peter Seaman

Wammer
Oct 20, 2019
Bath
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello folks.

I have borrowed a much better amplifier and changed the placement of both speakers. What a difference ! - really got them singing now, as per reviews. So i will be keeping them as my main speakers.

I cannot seem to delete this post.

cheers.

Last edited:

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've looked at building the Frugal Horns myself in the past lots of great feed online.
Just checked online a pair of the Sota MAOP 11 drivers will cost about £700 on their own with vat and shipping.

GLWS

Peter Seaman

Wammer
Oct 20, 2019
Bath
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello GLWS - yes - these top of the range drivers are expensive. So you agree - the price of the already constructed speakers of £850 is a very good deal. let me know if you are interested and i am happy to demo with several different amps.

cheers. Pete.

Reactions: Phil48

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi Pete not for me but I think fair value and will sound superb with a nice tube or class A solid state amp.

GLWS=good luck with sale

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
had a pair of these in the lower alpair drivers ... never listened to so much female vocals in my life !! very immediate and really got sense of presence in buckloads . best £850 you will spend !

Peter Seaman

Wammer
Oct 20, 2019
Bath
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
had a pair of these in the lower alpair drivers ... never listened to so much female vocals in my life !! very immediate and really got sense of presence in buckloads . best £850 you will spend !

Hello hifinutt. Yes, the old Audiophile cliché "like she was singing in my room" - in the case of this design, is not far off. At this very second i am listening to some 'Judie Tzuke' - remember her ? Wow.

Reactions: Phil48 and hifinutt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online