FS Bryston BDA2 DAC

eyeshigher

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2013
For sale my Bryston BDA2, includes original box. Its in excellent condition, virtually as new, as pictures show. I purchased from a UK Bryston dealer 2/2016. Original receipt will be included.
Please note I do not have the mains cable.

Price £1125.00
Payment, cash on collection from Worcestershire. 

Thanks for looking

E1D62C32-C7DE-422C-A8C5-A8B2ED92E0B3.jpg

6BCCBD46-7ED9-49FB-B03C-C89C3B15F03A.jpg

27739945-49D2-4825-95D3-BDBC0557DDF3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dvddvd

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2015
York
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi could you tell me the difference in the BDA1 and BDA2 ?

ian917

Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi could you tell me the difference in the BDA1 and BDA2 ?
It has an asynchronous USB input that handles upto 24/192 over 24/96 in the BDA-1.
The DAC chipset has changed from 24-bit Crystal CS4398 to 32-bit AKM 4399.
It sounds much better than the BDA-1; it's cleaner and more dynamic but retains the natural sound. You will need to spend a lot of money to better this.

eyeshigher

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2013
Thanks Ian917

There is also a lot of resource on audiocircle in the bryston section and there's lots of reviews on the web.

ian917

Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can't believe that this hasn't sold. Sure it doesn't come with a raft of (unnecessary) bells and whistles but it is built like a tank (5yr warranty), has loads of connections, is easy to use and, most importantly, sounds fantastic. 

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have to agree with Ian. One of these was in a bakeoff of excellent dacs I attended on Sunday, if your in the market for a dac at this price range, then I would a least audition this.  :^

GLWTS.

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
quick question as one is a bit thick when it comes to dacs . from what i read this is not a dsd dac , therefore if i used a sacd player as a transport  with it , it would not work ? is that correct ? 

and yet a reviewer wrote this of the dac 

Ah Mozart! Violin Concertos, produced by the rapidly-becoming-famous Norwegian recording company 2L (SACD 2L38). The violinist soloing amongst the other strings and brass can get lost if there is significant IM distortion. As you will see in the bench test results, IM in the BDA-2 was almost non-existent. Thus, not only was the soloist Marianne Thorsen quite separate, she was still delicately integrated into the overall music. The SACD’s high resolution capability was a gift to her playing in a note so high in the register, it must have been near the highest note playable on a violin. And it was clean, clean, clean . . . astonishingly so. Again, the 32 bit DAC and fine output stage of the BDA-2 really make a huge difference when listening to music like this.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/dac/bryston-bda-2-dac/

can someone explain ? what he just able to hear the cd layer only 

eyeshigher

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2013
Hi

The BDA2 does not do DSD.

The reviewer indicates he used the CD layer as the digital output to the BDA-2.

Cheers

Reactions: hifinutt

ian917

Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
quick question as one is a bit thick when it comes to dacs . from what i read this is not a dsd dac , therefore if i used a sacd player as a transport  with it , it would not work ? is that correct ? 

and yet a reviewer wrote this of the dac 

Ah Mozart! Violin Concertos, produced by the rapidly-becoming-famous Norwegian recording company 2L (SACD 2L38). The violinist soloing amongst the other strings and brass can get lost if there is significant IM distortion. As you will see in the bench test results, IM in the BDA-2 was almost non-existent. Thus, not only was the soloist Marianne Thorsen quite separate, she was still delicately integrated into the overall music. The SACD’s high resolution capability was a gift to her playing in a note so high in the register, it must have been near the highest note playable on a violin. And it was clean, clean, clean . . . astonishingly so. Again, the 32 bit DAC and fine output stage of the BDA-2 really make a huge difference when listening to music like this.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/dac/bryston-bda-2-dac/

can someone explain ? what he just able to hear the cd layer only 
Due to licensing restrictions, SACD players cannot output DSD via the SPDIF coax socket only PCM. Some multiplayers, eg the last Oppo players, can output DSD via HDMI. Most of the rips of DSD discs have been done using the original Playstation which is why they are still popular.

Reactions: hifinutt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online