Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
First Watt F5 mono clones.jpg

Built by Joe Henry to a very high standard using good components and very attractive and sturdy cases (that match/exceed most commercially available stuff IMO).

First Watt F5 mono internal 1.jpg

First Watt F5 mono internal 2.jpg

25W of class A magic. And yet the heatsinks get only slightly warm to touch. Simply superb engineering.

Hand on heart, of all the many amps I've owned over the years, these are my favourites. Never has my jaw dropped like it did on first hearing these hooked up to my Tune Audio Anima horns. The first word that came to my mind was 'holographic'. A truly beautiful, beautiful sound that I've been enjoying for the last few years.

So why on earth am I selling? Because I've just gone fully active, with 8x mono amps. I simply couldn't justify having 8x valve or SS class A amps. So Joe Henry built 8x class AB amps for me. Amp for amp, the F5 is better than my new amps... but there's simply no substitute for having the amp connected directly to the driver!

I think Joe would make you a pair of these (with the same components) for around £1300. He has a pair on eBay right now for £950, but with lesser components (still an absolute bargain, IMO).

My price is £550 firm. I'm almost inclined to give a money back guarantee on these, they're that good... but I won't :) . But I can assure you that if you take a punt of these, you'll be sooo happy you did.

No boxes, so strictly collection only from Leamington Spa (way too close to Coventry for comfort, but c'est la vie).

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Mani.

Reactions: ian917

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Darn it so many collection only bargains at the moment and I don't drive :(
Were it a higher-value item I'd consider dropping it off to you. But for this price, it's just not worth my while. Sorry.

Could you get a friend to drive you? Would be well-worth your while :)

Mani.

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How would these drive 4ohm Kef 104/2's do you think?
From the manual:

"The distortion is very low, between .001% and .005% at 1 watt. It’s very quiet, about 60 microvolts or so. It will drive a 2 ohm load without burping, and 1 ohm without misbehaving. Did I mention that it sounds terrific?"

HTH.

Mani.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Lawrence001If you are serious about buying these you can make your arrangements with @manisandherand when that is complete I would collect them and then bring them to The Wam Show for you to collect from me there . Just let me know if you want to do this as i do not want to be pushing you in to buying something you might not be sure you want .

Up to you ?

Reactions: manisandher

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Lawrence001If you are serious about buying these you can make your arrangements with @manisandherand when that is complete I would collect them and then bring them to The Wam Show for you to collect from me there . Just let me know if you want to do this as i do not want to be pushing you in to buying something you might not be sure you want .
Up to you ?
Thanks for the kind offer Andrew I'm a bit late responding as I'm travelling to collect a Musical Fidelity A308 amp! There are a number of interested parties who can probably sort out collection with less hassle than me/us so I'll let them take them (if they're not actually sold already).

Reactions: bencat and hifinutt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online