Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2009
Cheltenham, , United
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought this Garrard 401 via PFM in 2011. It belonged to a retired Rolls Royce Aero engineer, who purchased it, but sadly went blind before he had finished his rudimentary plinth. Hence, the TT has never turned a wheel in anger. I purchased it from the PFM member, who was a friend of his widow. She had kept it sitting in his plinth in the cupboard for over 2 decades. I have not used it since, although it was powered up for a few seconds to demonstrate that it worked when I purchased it. Of course, I have no way of verifying this story, but I have no reason to doubt it.This is a raised strobe model. It was going to be a second TT (to go with my Platine Verdier), but I never got round to setting it up. Now that I have diverted my attentions to R2R, it is unlikely ever to get any use with me.To go with this, I purchased an open Loricraft style slate plinth. The top slate measures approx 45 mm in thickness. The plinth top measure approx 50.5 x 45 cm and it stands 16 cm high. This plinth has the 401 cut out, but NO tonearm has ever been mounted. Hence, the new owner will not have to cover up any other drilled holes. The lower part of the plinth is made from wood and has 3 adjustable feet. The slate top is supported on 4 Stillpoints type bearings.As this 401 is pristine and unmolested, I would like £595. Slate plinths are not cheap, but I would be happy to let this go for £495 (that's a fraction of a new one and less than a Russ Collinson birch ply unit). If someone wants to buy them together, I would be happy to accept £995. I would suggest collection from Cheltenham GL53, as I don't really want to ship the plinth. I could ship the TT (overseas if necessary), but this will be at the buyer's cost.Payment by paypal gift, bank transfer or cash on collection please

401 MOTOR UNIT SOLD

SLATE PLINTH PRICE REDUCTION TO £450 - COLLECTED FROM CHELTENHAM (DELIVERY EXTRA)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.