Glasses - Effecting the sound

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i would state if your listening via headphones then yes some glasses can
interfere with the sound and comfort making it hard for you to fully relax and enjoy what is being played. Through speakers you'd have to be wearing some silly big thick comedy glasses that reflected the soundwaves.

Ron.P

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I borrowed some glasses this morning for an experiment listening to my hi-fi.
I was surprised that my Class A powered system sounds like Class D or D minus while wearing them.
I was also surprised that the guy i borrowed them from didn't get hurt falling down the stairs.

wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I believe the hard glass spectacle lenses reflect the sound and bounce it back towards surrounding hard surfaces, hence causing a pseudo echo effect. This in turn disproportionally corrupts sound wave constants, therefore destroying any possibility of perceiving a true stereo image. This whole problem is of course made much worse every time the listener or other spectacle wearers in the room move their heads. My advice would be to wear contact lenses as these are made of softer less reflective material.

Last edited:

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's also the sound reflected off your facial features to take into consideration. For example, maybe audiophiles with particularly large noses should consider nose reduction surgery to enhance their listening experience...🤔

Those with a Turkish smile will find their systems bright . Stain teeth with red wine while listening .

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Every time I have a new prescription, my legs go funny when I dance. It's worse going down the stairs.

• Wow
Reactions: Gizza

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Every time I have a new prescription, my legs go funny when I dance. It's worse going down the stairs.
You really shouldn't dance when you go down the stairs 😯

• Haha
Reactions: TIU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online