Great TV shows over the years

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I refused to watch Lost after a TV guide reviewer said it looked like a United Colours of Benetton advert lol. I'm stubborn

Never watched 24 either.

Watched the x-files though, Seinfeld was good, Frasier had its laughs. Family Guy is pretty funny along with Futurama.

What other shows does everyone like. Anyone remember LA Law or NYPD Blue?

What was the Mountie show where he was in Chicago with his wolf?

G

Sony6million wrote:

I refused to watch Lost after a TV guide reviewer said it looked like a United Colours of Benetton advert lol. I'm stubbornNever watched 24 either.

Watched the x-files though, Seinfeld was good, Frasier had its laughs. Family Guy is pretty funny along with Futurama.

What other shows does everyone like. Anyone remember LA Law or NYPD Blue?

What was the Mountie show where he was in Chicago with his wolf?
I think the Mountie in Chicago was called " Due South"

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Sorry cloth-ears but I never do my research.

Does anyone watch Curb your enthusiasm? Is it any good?

Surprised no one mentioned baywatch or the a-team

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
Sony6million wrote:

Everyone who loves Seinfeld says it is fantastic. I'm yet to see it either, and will prolly have to buy the DVD's:?

I was always a big fan of the Larry Saunders Show. Beeb2 always used to have a double bill of Seinfeld followed by this and it a great way to end an evening and a bottle of wine

West Wing also a fave, struggling to think of older series at the mo.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Craig wrote:

Sony6million wrote:
Everyone who loves Seinfeld says it is fantastic. I'm yet to see it either, and will prolly have to buy the DVD's:?

I was always a big fan of the Larry Saunders Show. Beeb2 always used to have a double bill of Seinfeld followed by this and it a great way to end an evening and a bottle of wine

West Wing also a fave, struggling to think of older series at the mo.
Got series 5 of Curb Your Enthusiasm last night and watched the first 3 episode - pure comedy genius - think Seinfeld but with ONLY George Costanza.

Also got West Wing series 7 waiting for me when I get back up home at the weekend - one of my all time favourite shows.

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
FWIW Amazon have seasons 1-4 of CYE for 34 notes, which seems like a stonking deal to me, so I bought em.

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
What have you got against the a-team?

Its full of cheesy stunts, acting, storylines, props you name it. But it was cool if you were born in the 1980s. What was cool when you were growing up? Tink, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ?

G

not the nine o'clock news .far ahead of it's time and still funny today.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cloth-Ears wrote:

Sony6million wrote:
What have you got against the a-team?Its full of cheesy stunts, acting, storylines, props you name it. But it was cool if you were born in the 1980s. What was cool when you were growing up? Tink, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ?
The two were only four years apart and of course, very very different. I couldn't be bothered with the latter though - far too much concentration needed and too quiet a show for that age. So although I take it you were joking, to answer your question, no I didn't like Tinker , Tailor....... .But The A-Team, oh God ! It has always annoyed me, present and past. I hated the chases, the stunts - they were so boring. The A Team is in the same category of TV as something like The Dukes of Hazard, which wascontemporary to myearly teen years. All those kind of shows were crap. The stories were stupid but at the same time the humour just wasn't funny. In 1983 ( A Team ) I would have been 17.
One of the main things that pissed me off about The A-Team was that nobody ever got wasted, despite everyone firing-off hails of bullets from automatic weapons. Bit like TJ Hooker in that respect; the way Kirk would go down on one knee and train his gun sights on an escaping villain, track the bastard from one side of the screen to the other and then say "Damn! Hegot away!" for some odd reason. He could have emptied a whole clip into the c*nt. I say more death on tv!
gun_bandana.gif.34a70e258c8f5d8165134eb5137071e8.gif

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cloth-Ears wrote:

Ooh, rememberher as "Jane" ? Well formed body I must say.
5857_standard.jpg
If only she'd been blessed with bigger norks. Could have been the greatest female of all time. Still a contender though.
26.gif.8017d59dcd366c78cba0db9463c65b0f.gif

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
Sony6million wrote:

What have you got against the a-team?Its full of cheesy stunts, acting, storylines, props you name it. But it was cool if you were born in the 1980s. What was cool when you were growing up? Tink, Tailor, Soldier, Spy ?
I was at university when the A Team was on. And we loved it - even got dressed up in our favourite camo clothing to watch it (perhaps we had too many drugs in them days :dude:)

Anybody every see "Evil Roy Slade", starring the Gomez from the Adams Family TV series as a bad cowboy? Cracking and out of order..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.