Help required please, identifying an EMT transformer.

vintageaxeman

WAM, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am!
Wammer Plus
Feb 25, 2010
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys.

I have a pair of small cylindrical EMT transformers that I might use in an MC stepup, but before I 'get making', I want to find out about them. Anyone have any idea of the spec of an EMT T90/3 tranny ?

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best I could do was identify this as being EMT as below at a guess and quite possibly something they have used in an MC Step up transformer. Would suggest a quick message to them and see if they can enlighten you .

https://www.emt-tontechnik.ch/accessory

vintageaxeman

Wammer Plus
Feb 25, 2010
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you!

I will contact them and see if they will help!

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One thing David. Don't be tempted to try and measure the static resistance with a normal multimeter. SUTs are extremely sensitive and you can magnetise them by doing that, which will cause serious problems.

vintageaxeman

Wammer Plus
Feb 25, 2010
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One thing David. Don't be tempted to try and measure the static resistance with a normal multimeter. SUTs are extremely sensitive and you can magnetise them by doing that, which will cause serious problems.
I know that can occur with Moving Coil cartridges, but I hadn't realised that damage can occur with small trannies. Thank you for the warning! It makes it even more important now that I can get hold of the specs and the colour coding for the wires. Cheers mate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online