Question How to fix Majik DSM after failed Davaar 99 update

A question.

ClareLancers

New Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Majik DSM 2 (Exakt Version) is down after failed updating from Fw915_4.84.415 to Davaar 99.
No matter which of the following measures I take, the DSM stays down, still showing only a pulsing dot or a pulsing lightning flash:
  • Advanced option with downloaded fw915_4.99.491
  • Recovery Procedure
  • Fallback mode
  • Unlocking & reconnecting network cables
  • Updating router software
  • Using LAN router connection
  • restoring to previously running firmware via corresponding elder Windows based Konfig
    • from Fw915_4.97.475 to Fw915_4.64.238,
    • even not from the old one I successfully used to update the DSM some years earlier (Majik DsmMK3_4.50.110)
LINN helpline suggested to ask for support from my local german dealer. There, unfortunately, I only heard they couldn’t do anything further but send the DSM to LINN support. Before following that, I hope to get some advice from somebody who experienced the same, but was able to fix it. Any hints much appreciated!

mnky

Wammer
Wammer
May 3, 2013
oooh arrrrrr
AKA
Mnky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure I've seen a similar issue fixed ...... but can't find the post.

I think you will get a quicker response if this is posted in the Linn Owners sub forum here on the WAM ...........https://hifiwigwam.com/forums/network-music-players-music-streamers.111/

Cheers

Gerr

ClareLancers

New Wammer
Apr 22, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure I've seen a similar issue fixed ...... but can't find the post.

I think you will get a quicker response if this is posted in the Linn Owners sub forum here on the WAM ...........https://hifiwigwam.com/forums/network-music-players-music-streamers.111/

Cheers

Gerr
Thanks a million, Gerr!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.