I'm Back

G

Sorry to be a lazy bugger but have just arrived back from four days of Eurodisney and to spare me any hard slog re-reading threadscould someone provide a brief synopsis ofthe juicy bits thathappened. Don't want to put my foot in it with anyone. Cheers lazy bones Duvet:p

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nothing happened. We were all waiting for you to come back before we did anything. We thought you'd just gone for a piss. Could you let us know next time..

bloody selfish some people.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK Earl pretended to be a burglar.. Classikfan pretended to hate ART Emotions. AK coninued to pretend he likes them.. Polar bear came back into the tent after a while away. Dave Whitter caused some trouble. Woody left.. Erik joined and left in a huff with me.. still not sure why?

Oh and we have lots of new members.. still wating to hear from them. one or two have got stuck in and have proved good value. 300 up mate.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

G

Ok cheers . A bit cream crackered so back in the morn for fun and games

G

Every year i go there and it gets better. Even in half -term when the place is absolutely teeming with kids only four mebers of staff managed to piss me off. Thats a record as last year it was six;)

G

I'd be more worried Dave if i went away and you'd been quiet. How are the new furnaces and cd player shaping up?

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Duvet wrote:

Every year i go there and it gets better. Even in half -term when the place is absolutely teeming with kids only four mebers of staff managed to piss me off. Thats a record as last year it was six;)
Do you go to a different Eurodisney? I get pissed off every time I go there. Crap food and long queues. Don't get me started on the bloody queue jumpers either
38786-6.gif.132cf51c49b8cd26f08985f56fa67647.gif
. Having said that though, my son absolutely loves the place, and I'll be taking him back there soon.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

G

Well no stereotyping but some ahem Europeans have a totally different idea of queuing compared to us. No i use fastpass and don't really queue any longer than 15 mins per ride.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Duvet wrote:

Well no stereotyping but some ahem Europeans have a totally different idea of queuing compared to us. No i use fastpass and don't really queue any longer than 15 mins per ride.
May well be going to Eurodisney for the first time sometime soon....

any tips for a Disney Virgin?

whats this fast pass thing all about? sounds like something i need.. and would you recommend any hotels? ....or ones to avoid??

Cheers

Hawk

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
How are the new furnaces and cd player shaping up?
Very nice thank you, with this and that going on not getting the play time with them I had hoped

but the week after next, all is back to normal and I will order a few sets of different EL 34 valves and have a bit of fun
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

The cd player is very good at 1k less than the cdx2 there is not much differance

I still have the cdx2 for sometime yet so have had them play off against each other both through the valve and naim power amps

via valves the Copland is as good as the cdx2

might be better as the Copland is not run in yet
wink.png

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JohnD76 wrote:

We also appear to have an obsessive GnR fan in the forum too.......... Still a bit confused about that one myself......
don't be confused. You'd be obsessive about GnR too if you lived in the same country as Abba...
wink.png

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

via valves the Copland is as good as the cdx2

might be better as the Copland is not run in yet
wink.png
Dave, Interesting as I thought the 5x ws almost as good as the x2 but there was a difference. That said I also thought the x2 to be somewhat dry if that's the right was of describing it. Agree? Hency my reluctance to upgrade from the ArcamCD 93. Trouble is nowhere around here (Buckingham) to get a dem of a Copeland.

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Hawk wrote:

May well be going to Eurodisney for the first time sometime soon....

any tips for a Disney Virgin?
First tip: Do NOT go any time near Christmas and New Year. I made that mistake and the place was absolutely heaving. To the point that the park was an unpleasant place to be.

Do have a character breakfast. You have to pre-book, but basically, assorted Disney characters walk around as you're eating your brekkie. Lots of photo opportunities for the little 'uns.

I've stayed at the New York and Newport Bay hotel. They're both part of the Disney chain and about 10 minutes walk from the park. They look very different from the outside, but basically they're the same inside. Nothing special. Don't stay at the Davy Crockett Lodge. Self catering and you need a car to get to / from the park. Some of my friends have stayed outside of the Disney complex - hotels are cheaper and you can get away from the clutches of the Disney corporation. Most offer free shuttle buses to and from the park.

Don't expect much by way of food. It's either very expensive and / or very unhealthy. The last time we went, my 5 year old said to me on the third day "Daddy, I wish I could have some fruit". There's a good shopping centre 5 minutes taxi ride from the park. It has a good supermarket to stock up on fruit and there's also a good food court there.

There's a lot of downside to Disney, but kids absolutely love it. I will be making another visit there next year.

G

Hawkhowold are the kiddies first. My first tip is that if they're in junior school take them out of it and go in early December. For the kids its X-tastic. If you go in the main holidays it bustling and full to the brim which means if you want a dinner in a restaurant in the evening 1 hour waiting times are not uncommon:shock:. And when kids are hungry thats not a good scenario. I 've stayed in The New York ,Sequoia and The Newport Bay Hotel. The latter being my main choice now on the Admirals floor. Out of season you can often get 3 nights and four days for the price of 2 nights and 3 days. I drive there and its 2 and half hours from Calais on the auto-routes for the princely sum of 18 euro's.The FASTPASS means you can pre booka slot to go on the rides between to allotted times. You enter through a different entrance and move quicker to the ride. If you need any tips nearer the time lets us know

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Thanks Ray/Duvet,

Firstly its just one kiddy, a 5year old girl and TBH i was thinking during the xmas break. Either round 16ish December or between Xmas and New Year 28 - 30 ish December.

She has had a tough time of late so i was hoping it would be cool thing to do...

Cheers

Hawk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.