Incoming LP12 announcement?

Daveyf

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here’s what we really need in the States, and it would be the biggest upgrade to the table in years…it’s this:

More fettlers in the large metropolis areas throughout the country…and I’m not kidding here!!:unsure::unsure::whistle::rolleyes:(y)

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought the obvious component to upgrade would be the Urika, since it is what houses electronics, and that is where Linn have developed better technology. Bearing, power supply and cartridge have all been recently upgraded. That leaves sub-chassis and arm. I can't imagine how to improve on the one-piece Keel. So that leaves the tonearm, which it isn't.

Perhaps we will see something to do with the suspension. Maybe a plinth/top plate of one piece machined out of a solid billet of alumin(i)um. $$$$$£££££€€€€€€

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought the obvious component to upgrade would be the Urika, since it is what houses electronics, and that is where Linn have developed better technology. Bearing, power supply and cartridge have all been recently upgraded. That leaves sub-chassis and arm. I can't imagine how to improve on the one-piece Keel. So that leaves the tonearm, which it isn't.

Perhaps we will see something to do with the suspension. Maybe a plinth/top plate of one piece machined out of a solid billet of alumin(i)um. $$$$$£££££€€€€€€
Titanium plinth? I can’t afford any more upgrades anyway so it might as well be something that is way out of reach.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Unfortunately, DS is sounding so good these days that my rate of cartridge (Kandid) wear has slowed down a bit.
What's wear got to do, got to do with it?
When your Kandid gives you second level emotion.
What's wear got to do, got to do with it?
Why keep a Kandid when a Kandid can be broken?
(Sorry, Tina.)

Nondigital Paul

Wammer
Jan 29, 2020
Do you mock me?
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey!! A broke down the pup told me his mate told him that there’s a new Exakt cartridge on the way which digitises the analogue signal and transmits it directly to Exakt speakers via a proprietary Wi-Fi protocol. 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤓

• Haha
Reactions: akamatsu

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My wishful thinking is that these could be the new products. A new tonearm, made by Thales and possibly based on a much simplified Thales tonearm that either replaces the Akito 3B or slots in between Akito and Ekos SE. Second a matching EMT based cartridge to go with it, similar to Ekstatic but cheaper and maybe replacing the Krystal. The third a new more sophisticated Majik PSU replacement.

Reactions: anatius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles