AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
... proper CD player.

allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

G

Duvet wrote:

Wait a month then get an Esoteric or a 861.
where can you get an 861 for £2k? if you wouldn't mine letting me know, if we can buy them at that price there is money in it when selling on
biggrin.png

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
analoguekid wrote:

MInimax, and rest on another holiday, or some fancy carpet for loft cpnversion, once run in it's seriously good, I tried lots of players last week, and it was the mos musical I heard, (similar budget to yourself neil) once run in, it's superb, and can tube roll (PS this is not selling I really wanted an aria coz it looks better, but the price was more than twice the minimax it's seriously good, and undigital sounding) we have a s/h wadia 302, for £2k i still preffered the minimax
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
How much is the minimax Paul?

G

£879 (black looks better, I'll take a pic and pm you one), goes very nice with valves, more analogue than many cd players, never in yer face, no loss of detail, and nice soundstage, you REALLY don't need anymore, the rest are just fancy cases
biggrin.png

P

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Duvet wrote:

Wait a month then get an Esoteric or a 861. If you cant wait i know where Krell sacd player going for £2500 IIRC
sacdstandard.jpg
The Esoteric and Wadia are def high up on the list, Im just wondering how long I can last without a CDP at all.. At the moment it feels like my right arm has been chopped off
sad.png
Hence im thinking of buying something upto £1500 s/h that I can move on when Im ready to spend more...

Hawk

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Blimey! how much did you sell the Naim for then, a loft conversion AND a £2k CDP:shock: You've got the midas touch there Neil.

Erm, you MUST listen to the Ayre front ends. They have the attack of the Naim with the sublty of far more refined kit. The best i have hearde in a long while, and since my trip to sing sing I have heard quite a lot of kit.

Please make sure you hear some Ayre before deciding mate.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Hawk wrote:
chezi61 wrote:
Krell.chezi.
Nope
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif

I can't keep this up :sw: Ive swapped it for a loft conversion
sos.gif.b46fa5e4a1b4ea9bb8774a15a6092288.gif
How much will the loft cost ? cost us 17k 12 years ago another bedroom and bathroom

did not think naim players where worth that much even the 555
Dave, Im not spending 17K
Im giving a local builder/friend some cash to do the bits I can't like fitting velux windows. I'll do the easy stuff myself. Nothing fancy, just a playroom for the littleone and her friends..

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
hifiwigwam wrote:

Blimey! how much did you sell the Naim for then, a loft conversion AND a £2k CDP:shock: You've got the midas touch there Neil.Erm, you MUST listen to the Ayre front ends. They have the attack of the Naim with the sublty of far more refined kit. The best i have hearde in a long while, and since my trip to sing sing I have heard quite a lot of kit.

.....and ive sold my LP12, the Keff eggs and the Nait 3 which brings another £1K to the party
wink.png
plus there will be a fair amount of DIY in the said loft conversion
(and no rudi/marco I don't mean having a DIY in the loft
wink.png
)

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
hifiwigwam wrote:

I think there is going to be an Ayre player Papa's bakeoff so ill be interested to hear it for sure. Which one did you hear? the 7 or the 5?

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hawk wrote:

Papa Lazarou wrote:
I think Shane (Dr S) is bringing the CX-7 along, if theres room in Murray's car.
Its going to be a top bakeoff, but I fear an expensive one
biggrin.png
Expensive for some maybe - not me. I'm all finished for now
wink.png

Okay i may try one of Mr C's mains conditioners later in the year.
biggrin.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hawk wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:
I think there is going to be an Ayre player Papa's bakeoff so ill be interested to hear it for sure. Which one did you hear? the 7 or the 5?
Both. The 5 was behind some Martin Logan Vantages and it gave me the horn.

G

analoguekid wrote:

Duvet wrote:
where can you get an 861 for £2k? if you wouldn't mine letting me know, if we can buy them at that price there is money in it when selling on
biggrin.png
"With the left over cash I can spend upto £2K now. or if I wait a month I can spend upto £4.5K ish."

Read the whole thread first gobby:p

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Papa's suggestion is a good one sincethe new Art G2 has been released, the older models should be going even cheaper.

or you couldtry a Copland .......

Or what you really want is a Marantz CD-7
biggrin.png

Testy

G

Duvet wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Duvet wrote:
biggrin.png
"With the left over cash I can spend upto £2K now. or if I wait a month I can spend upto £4.5K ish."

Read the whole thread first gobby:p
:oops:been a long day, to many deals not enouh time,
biggrin.png

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hawk, a loft converstion? yes put aside some extra cash; they have ahabit of going over budget so i'd recommend a nice 100 quid sony or denon. should you survive relatively unscathed then a s/h densen at around £1400 is a very good ex-naim choice (better than the cdx2 but so is an eastsound, nearly); the audionet art v2, a s/h the opus 21 (or import it from the US and save some cash), andif you are lucky an audio aero captiole mk1 or 11 are all good choices as well. possibly a wadia 830 or ayre 7 (however both can come across as a little digital).

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Biscuit wrote:

Also, I know where there is another Vicky for sale....
smile.png
Hehe, do it Hawkster! Not only would you save a load of cash, you'd be upgrading your CDP at the same time.
wink.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.