Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SOLD ELSEWHERE :)

A couple of new arrivals including a Holy Grail piece for me, an original IWC Doppelchronograph on a long enough bracelet to fit me, requires a shake-up of my collection, and I’m offering, albeit somewhat tentatively, my BP43 for sale or trade.

I bought this about 18 months ago. Since then it has had only occasional wear mostly on special occasions, generally on strap. so still near mint in condition.

To my mind this is by far the nicest of the BP43 models, stunning blue dial with brushed/polished detailing on the case and bracelet, having much more of a sense of occasion than the black dial black strap version. The absence of date plus wearable size, and its clear lineage back to the original 1940s IWC pilot watch, make it just about perfect both as practical piece but also quite the statement, in a way the quirky and significantly larger/bulkier Big Pilot 46 struggles (IMO) to pull off.

The bracelet is about the best you can buy out there, supremely comfortable and with IWC’s very smart micro-adjustment. I bought an extra link for it so it’s full-length +1 for about a 21cm wrist. It has the easy-exchange system that clips on and off. In addition to the bracelet, this set includes an additional three OEM Easyxchange straps - blue rubber (purchased a few months ago and which is probably my favourite - super comfy and surprisingly smart), brown leather and blue leather. The blue rubber is currently fitted with the Easyxchange deployant. Straps are IWC standard length.

The movement is IWC's own in-house automatic calibre 82100 with the Peleton winding arrangement and many hi-tech parts. It has had the warranty (which is fully transferrable) extended till November 2029.

List price for watch on bracelet is £8250 and the extra strap, buckle and link take it up to just a whisker below £10,000. I’m valuing the whole package for trade at £7000 (trade +cash preferred), or £6500 for outright sale.

Trade-wise there are a few things on my shopping list - Portuguese and Ingenieur being the obvious ones, Zenith Pilot, Panerai handwound or chrono …. that sort of thing. Must be 41/42mm minimum. Hifi-wise I'm open to high-end push-pull valve amps, eg from Audio Research.

Straight trade, or trade + cash in my direction. F2F in Berks/North Hants between A34/M3/M4 and south western section of M25 or if outright sale sent fully insured, RMSD + Secursus.

Better pics on bracelet and full specs here: https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watch-coll...-watch-43.html

AwMn4N6.jpg

sGBjcBc.jpg

d5mG8ce.jpg

rz1r8ii.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vinyl4ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles