Wammer
Jul 13, 2012
exeter
AKA
john
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shamelessly taken from Jazid advert and maybe jandl's
Currently fitted with a TAD GZ34, very decent it is as well. The drivers are Zaerix old stock 6SN7 (6N8P valves rebranded I think) which are reliable but can be sonically bettered with USA or Brimar offerings, and NNOS Brimar 6BG6 with adapters and top caps. Lovely valves, I doubt you'll want to change them, and still affordable new though there's years and years left in this pair. There's plenty of new production offerings to try as well. Just one note of caution: big bottle Chinese CV181 tubes will not fit, not enough space.

I have modestly upgraded this amp as follows: Replaced the five PSU caps with newer and better ones (it gets quite hot, seemed sensible), I have implemented a star earth to replace the rather ad hoc arrangement it originally sported, and I have re-routed the feedback loop from something cheap to solder together into something more fit for purpose, no components have been changed however! This was all done last year when I was advertising it, and I then started using it again and it stayed in the system because it's that good. It was dislodged by a pair of field coil speakers that took up residence through lockdown and which didn't gell with the amp, and so it has become another decorative 'feature' in my ever more lunatic man cave thing.

. I don't have original packaging but can pack very well.

my bit, yes its very good for the money and particularly digital sources And as you can see im having a bit of a cull of hifi that im not really using
looking for £450

ADJ.IMG_20191005_133403.jpg Adj.IMG_20191005_133257.jpg ADJ.IMG_20191005_133506.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JANDL100

atomheartmother

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2012
exeter
AKA
john
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shamelessly taken from Jazid advert and maybe jandl's
Currently fitted with a TAD GZ34, very decent it is as well. The drivers are Zaerix old stock 6SN7 (6N8P valves rebranded I think) which are reliable but can be sonically bettered with USA or Brimar offerings, and NNOS Brimar 6BG6 with adapters and top caps. Lovely valves, I doubt you'll want to change them, and still affordable new though there's years and years left in this pair. There's plenty of new production offerings to try as well. Just one note of caution: big bottle Chinese CV181 tubes will not fit, not enough space.

I have modestly upgraded this amp as follows: Replaced the five PSU caps with newer and better ones (it gets quite hot, seemed sensible), I have implemented a star earth to replace the rather ad hoc arrangement it originally sported, and I have re-routed the feedback loop from something cheap to solder together into something more fit for purpose, no components have been changed however! This was all done last year when I was advertising it, and I then started using it again and it stayed in the system because it's that good. It was dislodged by a pair of field coil speakers that took up residence through lockdown and which didn't gell with the amp, and so it has become another decorative 'feature' in my ever more lunatic man cave thing.

. I don't have original packaging but can pack very well.

my bit, yes its very good for the money and particularly digital sources And as you can see im having a bit of a cull of hifi that im not really using
looking for £450

ADJ.IMG_20191005_133403.jpg Adj.IMG_20191005_133257.jpg ADJ.IMG_20191005_133506.jpg
I've had a lot of interest in this, the main criteria for getting this amp is collecting. I wanted it somuch I drove to Jerry's to collect!

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did this ever sell? It's stupid good, for the money better value still.

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I feel I should point out one safety factor here. I believe this amp was sold with 6L6 valves. If you use output valves with top caps you have 300v or whatever the B+ is inside the lead to the top cap. If anyone plays with this amp and is unaware of this they could get a lethal voltage off this lead by touching the inside of the white top cap. I don't know what the safety requirements are for valves with top caps like this, but I would expect that they are required to be fully enclosed. If you are not comfortable with leaving an unenclosed valve like this where people could get curious and play with it, then I'd suggest swapping the output valves back to the original 6L6 types which don't have top caps. Sorry to say all this, but with valves safety comes first.

It shouldn't affect the sale of the amp at all, which looks very nice - 6L6 valves are common and not expensive if you feel you need to buy a set.

Here is a picture of the original amp with its specifications:
https://www.lowther.com.hk/Jazz 6L6 Amp.htm

Last edited:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A number of unnecessary posts removed.

Please may we draw people's attention to the note in classified's rules about not turning sales threads into discussion threads.

No harm done here, but it does detract from the purpose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online