Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice pair of 105 IIs. Cosmetically not 100%, but perfectly acceptable given their age. With a little work the Dalek heads could be resprayed and the cabinets re-stained to make them a complete and unbounded joy to behold.

The overload/aiming LEDs in both heads still work. The troublesome original woofers were replaced by the previous owner with recommended Peerless SLS315 units. The mids and tweeters are originals and work perfectly.

These have been a pleasant surprise to own. I bought them for use in a "vintage' system in my office but they actually compare very favourably for speed, imaging and linearity with a lot of contemporary designs.

They owe me £220, so that's what I'll sell them for.

They can be seen and heard at my office near Hungerford or I will demonstrate via Skype.

office.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MCG

New Wammer
Sep 20, 2016
Hi Kevin

I'm interested in these - I live near Southampton so not too far to drive and collect them.

I'll try and PM you..

Thanks

Marc

MCG

New Wammer
Sep 20, 2016
Thanks Kevin for your time to show me the speakers and your help loading them in the car. I haven't hooked them up yet, but they are safely in the house now and my wife quite likes the look of them!

Marc

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's good. Jut take time to study the orientation of the sockets/plugs before you push them together. As you saw last night, it's very helpful if someone else can support the Dalek heads while you push the connections together.

With best wishes.

KevinF.

• Upvote
Reactions: MCG

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Other than at a dr who convention an audio forum must be the only place you would hear that.

VanDerGraaf

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 29, 2015
Glasgow
AKA
Rohan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love the imaging qualities of a set of 105s...Still a great speaker even almost 40 years after their birth. MCG, look forward to reading your thoughts on them....

MCG

New Wammer
Sep 20, 2016
Well I put them into position on Friday night, connected the speakers carefully and fired them up.

They are really good, better than I was expecting in truth. My wife, who is not too concerned about these things was so impressed with them that she insisted on playing lots of old songs that she hadn't heard for a few years. To my ears, the staging and imaging is fantastic, they also have a presence to them which i haven't had in my systems before.

So, to sum up, I'm very happy - Thanks again Kevin!

Marc

• Upvote
Reactions: VanDerGraaf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles