Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fully functioning Yamaha CR1000 receiver. All switches present and working silently, tuning LEDs and meters working as they should do. It was recently fettled by the excellent John Hollingdale who replaced the output transistors. Sonically it is as it should be, with a gutsy and admirably neutral amplification section, a surprisingly good phono stage and an utterly benchmark tuner.

I have laboured the point about condition because these are increasingly rare beasts, sometimes sold on eBay with non-functioning this or that, or front-panel damage.

Can be heard driving KEF 105 IIs in my office system near Hungerford in Berkshire. Am also happy to demonstrate via Skype if that helps. I have copies of both user and service manuals.

£300.

Yam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bump and further price reduction.

Somewhat surprised that this is hanging around, but perhaps my initial price was over optimistic.

Are there people here who don't know what a receiver is? Quite possibly. For the uninitiated then, it's an FM tuner, phono stage and stereo amplifier all in one lovely to behold package. Just add a CD player, a turntable and/or a streamer/server for the whole hog.

This one performs as it should do for a high-end one-box system designed and built before the accountants got at Yamaha and made the engineers tone down their enthusiasm for quality.

Am happy to demonstrate by Skype if that helps the nervous reach an informed view.

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have one, and can vouch for the quality. Superb bit of kit. In the '70s, it was considered very High-End indeed. 

IMF used one to demonstrate their loudspeakers, both in the factory and at HiFi shows. 

GLWTS

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Aye. Oddly, photo had fallen off. Problem with photobucket? Whatever, I have pasted below. As you can see, the front panel is in perfect condition - all screen printing intact and unblemished, all knobs and sliders present. What you can't hear from the picture is that they are all quiet too!

Thanks for your interest.

DSCN0307.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bump for this lovely sounding receiver. £360 for a 70 Watt integrated amplifier, phono stage and FM tuner.

Am having to sell off my second system prior to a proposed downsizing move.

What more do you need, er, apart from a turntable, er, and some speakers?

stressed

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2014
Seems a bargain to me, looks stunning - love the facia.

Had a R1 in the same colour too.

GLWS

Regards,

Jonathan

S

Still for Sale?

Fully functioning Yamaha CR1000 receiver. All switches present and working silently, tuning LEDs and meters working as they should do. It was recently fettled by the excellent John Hollingdale who replaced the output transistors. Sonically it is as it should be, with a gutsy and admirably neutral amplification section, a surprisingly good phono stage and an utterly benchmark tuner.

I have laboured the point about condition because these are increasingly rare beasts, sometimes sold on eBay with non-functioning this or that, or front-panel damage.

Can be heard driving KEF 105 IIs in my office system near Hungerford in Berkshire. Am also happy to demonstrate via Skype if that helps. I have copies of both user and service manuals.

£360.

S

Still for Sale?

As in, are you still trying to sell this amp? (not brilliant at forums....)

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have emailed you. You may wish to delete your email address now, lest you receive a deluge of spam.

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Price reduction by £60 to £300 dead.

I am not using it, so it makes no sense to have it sitting around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.