shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock:
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
cheers andi, i might give it a go then. I saw her on the Mercury Music Awards show and thought she was ok..

anyone else have a view?

Cheers

Hawk

G

Hawk wrote:

cheers andi, i might give it a go then. I saw her on the Mercury Music Awards show and thought she was ok..anyone else have a view?

Cheers

Hawk
Was quite impressed when she appeared on Jools Holland and subsequently got the album which is ...... OK. Couple of tracks are fairly good but overall the album is rated fair for a start, hope she gets better. Seems to be one of those people with a very good reputation which has grown quickly from the one album. Rated very highly 'live' amd maybe her live appearances have helped her profile grow. Personally I think she has talent but her material could be better. The album is pleasant enough but it doesn't hit the hot spot for me ...

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've had KT's album for a week now, far better than James Blunt (who imo is being seriously over-hyped at the moment).

I would say however that 3 songs stand out on her album, tracks 1, 4 and 9 - the singles! The other tracks are all well performed but not quite as interesting. Still better than Bluntster though.

G

Miller-8 wrote:

I've had KT's album for a week now, far better than James Blunt (who imo is being seriously over-hyped at the moment).
I totally second that statement. With regards to KT Tunstall i like the album and hopefuly she's a slow burner

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
Yup, thoroughly recommended, I bought the album a while ago after seeing her on the idiot box playing at Glastonbury
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I have to hear other side of the world about twice a day at work when the radio is on. I bought the album when it first came out and now I'm sick of her lol. Red horse and cherry tree is ok though

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
yeah kt is good,but the lucie silvas album is fantastic:)

highly recommended,not a duff track on it.

nice photo's in the sleeve aswell.

Jasper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
In the country, , Un
Bought the cd some months back and it's been on the player fairly regularly. Am going to see her next week, someone had tickets and can't go. Definitely worth getting the cd.

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
Jasper wrote:

Bought the cd some months back and it's been on the player fairly regularly. Am going to see her next week, someone had tickets and can't go. Definitely worth getting the cd.
My brother saw her Thursday night at Sheffield Uni and he said she was excellent, he did however say her support band/singer left a lot to be desired but he could not remember who it was.

JohnD76

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 31, 2005
Herts, , United King
She was AWESOME on Jools where she 'constructed' for want of a better word, 'Black horse and a cherry tree' using a weird recording and playback looping effects pedal type thing. Was well impressed by that performance.

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
For those interested she is scheduled to appear on Later with Jools Holland tomorrow night
smile.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.