rad1

rad
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be able to do this comparison soon. I have decided for the time being to upgrade my KDSM/2 Katalyst to Organik, pending a further decision to either go down the Exakt route or to possibly go KDSM/3 or potentially Selekt Edition dual mono. The dealer has ordered the new board for my KDSM/2, and it should be ready to do the upgrade in January. The dealership has the Selekt Edition dual mono on demo, so when I'm there I will ask for a direct comparison and report back.

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be able to do this comparison soon. I have decided for the time being to upgrade my KDSM/2 Katalyst to Organik, pending a further decision to either go down the Exakt route or to possibly go KDSM/3 or potentially Selekt Edition dual mono. The dealer has ordered the new board for my KDSM/2, and it should be ready to do the upgrade in January. The dealership has the Selekt Edition dual mono on demo, so when I'm there I will ask for a direct comparison and report back.
Good move to order the upgrade now. It’ll save you a fair bit before the price increase (in the UK, the Organik upgrade for KDS/M will be going up by £1,080)…

JWT

Wammer
Apr 13, 2020
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just pulled the trigger and upgraded a 2013 klimax hub and akurate exaktbox with Katalyst to 2020 old style klimax hub with klimax organik exaktbox. I wonder if I should have gone down the new selekt route instead

JayC

Wammer
Dec 3, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just pulled the trigger and upgraded a 2013 klimax hub and akurate exaktbox with Katalyst to 2020 old style klimax hub with klimax organik exaktbox. I wonder if I should have gone down the new selekt route instead
This was a dilemma for me also, in the end I went the Selekt route and could not be happier.

I doubt you will be disappointed in the upgrade, Organik is frankly amazing!

Reactions: Chris 1970 and JWT

Specialboy

Wammer
Dec 11, 2021
Nuneaton
AKA
Iain
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am currently having thoughts of changing my ADSM3 and Akurate Exaktbox Kat. I was initially thinking NGKSH and keeping with AEB, but I cant help but think a 2018 Kilmax hub and KEB Organik might be the better option. I think the gap between Klimax Hub and Selekt Hub will be very small and Utopik may well tip the balance well and truly in the 2018 KSH favour. Does anybody have any idea what a sensible option would be? I will be almost impossible to demo the options due to the 2018 KSH not being current.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.