Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am on their mailing list , the company I used to work for let employees have surplus stuff for free :)  but the new boss decided as it was public money it had to be sold at auction :(  . They did think about eBay, but the legal guys warned them off as there could be legal issues/comeback if anyone got hurt, whereas selling via a 3rd part negates the risk.

Alan

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the last auction they ran for the Beeb, prices for the 'interesting items' ended up WAY higher than eBay and for stuff that is in the main, life expired (see last para just added). No possibility of testing and absolutely no comebacks. There's one eBay seller still trying to recoup some of his money after 4 years.

People forget.....15% commission plus VAT and 20% VAT on the hammer price. 

Have a look at lot 814 for an example of life expired......described as boxed and unused! Not EMI either, just a pair of wrecked PR99's

Last edited by a moderator:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
True. But you'd (at least I wouldn't) never sensibly look at things like LS3/5a from an auction like that. There is a mass of serious pro stuff there, some of which might end up stupidly cheap. Some decent digital recorders and the like. Yes, you add auction fees and VAT. Choose carefully and there are bargains.

Radioham

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are some strange lots (excuse the pun). One example is a box of 20 new Roberts Clock Radios for £10 the box.(lot 150)  Perhaps they were prizes ? or given to staff who cant wake up in the morning ?

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online