Lurches 60th Birthday, South Coast Bake Off, Sunday 3rd Feb 2019 {PO19)

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where are the photos, if only of traditional underpants?

I get back to chichester, having had to miss all the fun and not even an mp3 of John's happy birthday, let alone flac.
Having retrieved his camera that he left at John's, Brook will be along shortly.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As if by magic.....................................................................................................................................

A few pictures of kit in the Playroom.

IMGP8252.JPG

IMGP8264.JPG

IMGP8244.JPG

IMGP8245.JPG

saladisfun

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 16, 2008
Chichester
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks,  What are the speakers with striated veneer?

Remarkably civilised, I recall a previous event when the tide of equipment extended half way across the playroom. 

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If anything there was even more kit than ever before, the pictures just don't show it all, not many sources but lots of big amps and stand mount speakers.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks,  What are the speakers with striated veneer?

Remarkably civilised, I recall a previous event when the tide of equipment extended half way across the playroom. 
Dynaudio. I think the model was special forty, but I stand to be corrected.

ae111sr

Wammer
Mar 12, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dynaudio. I think the model was special forty, but I stand to be corrected.
Looking at the picture - yes they are Dynaudio Special Forty in grey birch.  I've got a pair in my dining room powered by a Moon Neo Ace - sounds lovely :rockin:

Reactions: greybeard

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Love the SP10 in the original obsidian plinth. I had one just like that which I wish I still had.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Latest BO thread no up. 

Bigman80

BigBottle Audio
Wammer
Dec 18, 2015
Wolverhampton
AKA
Oliver
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

A bit late to the thread but I only just found it!

Really nice to read the positive feedback on the Bigbottle Phonostage. Thanks for getting it out and about Barrington!

A bit of background info:

The version Barrington has is the first prototype we built (Red PCB).  We are now into our third revision (Green PCB) of the Bigbottle, which has added MM capability to the existing MC circuit. The Jfets are now of higher performance figures and we have identified some components which can be upgraded if you are that way inclined!. I have also added a DC trap in my personal Bigbottle, bought from ATL and I use SPOTFIRE wiring throughout.

The bare PCB's are a non-profit venture. Forum members from Audioaddictsforum.com, Artofsound and DIY Audio have contributed their time, effort and money into creating a DIY project that anyone can build. If you are capable of soldering, and using a multi meter (very simple level of use) you will be able to build your own. We even have a very comprehensive BOM with part numbers for Mouser and Farnell.

Over 30 of the original "Production" PCB's  (Blue PCB) have been sold worldwide, which may not seem a lot but I'm hopeful of more positive feedback once they are constructed. I am proud of the project and the HiFi community for coming together.

Oliver

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: bigfool1956

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles