Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More from the Road - Do I have a Mega rare copy ?

M

MJ.

I might be being more than just a bit stupid here (wouldn't be the first time :oops: ) but I haven't been able to find out any info about this on line so, hopefully, you learned folk will be able to help.

My copy of Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More from the Road MCA 82.004-2, has Side 1 and Side 4 (actual tracks and labels) on Record 1 and Side 2 and Side 3 (actual tracks and labels) on Record 2.

Any other copy I have seen or listened to has the usual Side 1 and Side 2 on Record 1, Side 3 and Side 4 on Record 2.

Is this a rarity ?

Anybody else either have one like this or can throw some light on it ?

Thanks in advance chaps.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I doubt it Mike. I have several USA sourced double albums that are configured that way including coincidentally the LS Gold and Platinum compilation. Awesome record of course. I love the sleeve notes particularly Pete Townsend who comments "that they're actually rather good aren't they". Knebworth in support of the Stones 76 and the Rainbow early 77 up there amongst my very favourite gigs of all time. None of the original band are in the current line up and I'm not certain if any are still alive RIP oh great Southern men.

M

MJ.

It's a fantastic live album Lindsay, real energy and well recorded too. LS were pretty anti-establishment for the time, so a bit of a protest gig vibe about it.

Just curious as to wether it was rare; in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter as it was bought for the music :)

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah anti the Rock establishment. They had to put up with the racist slur although I think them covering Crossroads dealt with that. And then there was their spat with Neil Young!

M

MJ.

And then there was their spat with Neil Young!
I think that was a 70's version of the Blur / Oasis thing, more record company than real bad blood. Didn't they also upset the gun lobby big time with Saturday Night Special ?

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep and then their passionate anti-narcotics anthem That Smell.

The really saddest aspect has to be when the young backing singer Rosie Gaines was one of those killed in the plain crash but her Dad had only let her join the Band because her big brother Steve had joined as the 3rd guitarist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.