M2 Tech Hiface 2 and Windows Question?.

Wayne C

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2008
Hull, East Riding.
I have a hiface 2 and have a mac based system which works perfectly with the hiface 2, I am wishing to find out if anyone has had issues with their hiface 2s on Windows 7 or 8? Ie, drop outs in sound. I have read that this can occasionally occur due to all manner of reasons ie, driver imcompatibility, computer software problems , Asio/foobar problems and incorrect software settings. Can anyone on windows supply their settings and hiface driver , so I can check this out myself on my windows partition.

Read it here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601203/m2tech-hiface-2/255

BloodyGus

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 19, 2014
I too have a hiface 2 and have had problems with drop-out. I use Windows 8.1 and it occurs to me they haven't got the driver update right yet. The drop-out happens with both fb and wmp, so the problem is with the interface. My best solution so far is to go to the M2 control panel, select "buffer" and reduce the latency. I'm on low latency at the moment, with an occasional drop-out, but nowhere near what I was getting before. I can go down one more notch, to "minimum latency," but I'll keep that in reserve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles