Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi

I finally got round to ripping a load of CDs that had come my way and importing them to the Melco.

I use EAC to rip (always have done) and MP3tag and SongKong (if I can be ar*ed) to adjust any tagging info and artwork. 

I generally don’t embed the artwork but put the jpeg in the same folder as the rip called folder – all standard stuff.

I mostly use Linn Kazoo as the control app, Lumin and the Melco app. are on the ipad. I even dug out my Kindle fire with Bubble on it and they all present the same artwork problem

The Melco insists on doing the following

• Displays the same folder artwork for several artists
  • For some artists the artwork is correct until you click into the album and find incorrect artwork for track1

My actions so far

• I have retagged . reripped the offenders, I have deleted on the Melco and reimported
  • I have embedded the artwork into the tag  - no joy
  • I have deleted and rescanned the Melco database several times – no joy
  • I have re-initialised the Melco - no joy

All of the above has not changed a thing– wtf is going on with this product??????     :(

Any ideas please – seriously had enough of this – great when it works, but for the last two days a pita!! I must be missing something –

Cheers, trumpetman

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is going to be probably not what you want to hear so apologies in advance . Firstly if you can load Logitech Media Server to your PC and then access the Library and see if the the same thing happens when you play tracks / albums (they do not need to give out any sound just play them and look at the artwork / cd covers to check the fault)

If the above shows the same issue with a new separate server then the issue is in the tagging and media and you will need to look at that . If on the other hand the LMS plays things as they should be then the issue is with the Melco and a setting or problem in the unit itself . If you can get this established then my advice would be to contact Melco outline the issue and the fact you have been able to get correct settings using a different media software and what can they suggest .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your welcome Fred , but my name is Andrew it is on my personal information in case you want to check :rofl:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:doh: Doh !! my exscuse was it was too early and i had not had my tea . Apologies Nigel .

bobovox

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 21, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which media server are you using on the Melco? The standard one (Twonky) or have you downloaded Minimserver?

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi

I'm using Twonky - I did an experiment yesterday and switched to Minimserver, all artwork was fine, but my lovely wife and I hated the way Minimserver presented our music collection on various apps.

I switched back to Twonky - rescanned and everything is perfect!!!

I really can't explain this.

i think I'm going to have a look "under the hood" of Twonky today via the ip address.  To me it seems as though a cache or something needs clearing to flush out old stuff - almost like ccleaner on a PC.

I'll post back if I find anything or if any Twonky wizzards have any ideas......?

Reactions: bencat

bobovox

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 21, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad to hear that you have got the problem solved even if the way it was solved it a currently mystery. I personally really like Minimserver on my NAS and find it works well with Kazoo on my iPad and was going to suggest it but clearly you’ve already tried it and found it not to your taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online