Mum asked a strange question.

thearc

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 21, 2009
Kent, United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At some point you stop being able to find things. I was listening to Gilles Peterson recently saying: “I’m sure I have 3 or 4 copies of it but I couldn’t find one.”

I recently had a very frustrating hour (slightly enebriated) trying to find an album. Which of course came immediately to hand the following day.
Not when things are catalogued alphabetically and then sub-categorised by year of release. Errr OCD much?
Couple of thousand records, couple of thousand cds, and no sign of stopping.
For me, streaming services just open up whole new vistas. I love Spotify (Joe Rogan not withstanding) and often buy the new music I hear there. If you constantly push the algorithm to stop it sending you down narrower and narrower rabbit holes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar are great ways of discovering new artists.

Last edited:

chris_bates1974

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 29, 2016
Near Lutterworth
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
May I applaud your patience.

If someone came to my house, and started talking about "vinyls" in any other context than the stuff that goes on bathroom floors, I'd have asked them to leave.

• Haha
Reactions: DUVET

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given that we have downsized I do have a space limit and so am limiting myself to only ‘essential LPs’ ie being really meaningful to me. I think that I have room within existing racks for about 30 more LPs and then it will need to be one in and one out and put up for sale.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I too have limited myself to just the essential LPs. My definition of 'essential' may not match other people's though ;)

Reactions: DUVET

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given that we have downsized I do have a space limit and so am limiting myself to only ‘essential LPs’ ie being really meaningful to me. I think that I have room within existing racks for about 30 more LPs and then it will need to be one in and one out and put up for sale.
Until you actually have to do it

• Haha
Reactions: DomT

bigrod

Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When Diane and myself decided to live together I was given that scenario of one in one out ..Sold several hundred before I moved , think spider had most of them ..
Now my collection is about 80 LPs and similar on CD ..
It’s the charity shop fault making CDs so cheap 😂

bigrod

Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When Diane and myself decided to live together I was given that scenario of one in one out ..Sold several hundred before I moved , think spider had most of them ..
Now my collection is about 80 LPs and similar on CD ..
It’s the charity shop fault making CDs so cheap 😂
800 LPs

Rayymondo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's (party) why I have digital, so much easier for storage if you don't have lots of space. My cds get ripped to hard drive - plenty of space on my 1tb hard drive, and nobody can see it there. No physical space required when downloading. That said I do still keep buying cds when they are going cheap, bought 6 today from a shop that was selling them for 3 for £1. Slowly filling up a redundant kitchen cupboard!
Actually, some quite interesting stuff, lots of jazz compilations so I took a gamble on a few of them and a Pink Floyd. After recently getting rid of loads of discs I seem to be building up a new collection again. Easy come easy go I guess :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.