Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
noticed a glowing comment re NAD m32 , might be of use to anyone wanting a one box solution 

"After a couple of years experimenting with numerous ss amps (Class A, AB and D), I made a somewhat unexpected choice of "best amp overall". It is Class D and about 150 watts. The NAD M32 is an integrated with DAC and optional add-in streamer module. Not hugely costly, but I've found it betters (all things considered and irrespective of price) amps from GamuT, Accuphase, Sugden, Quad, Benchmark, Sanders, Devialet, Micromega and others. It uses an unusual chip "the innovative DirectDigital™ Feedback Amplifier built under license from Cambridge Silicon Radio". However NAD has just announced the new M33 successor that offers all the M32 does plus built-in streamer, Dirac room correction, Alexa-type instructions, bigger LED screen, etc. It uses "the new HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ amplifier technology". Quoted as 180 watts."

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/rocking-the-boat-nord-hypex-nc1200-signature-amplifier.27730/page-3

nn_in

New Wammer
Nov 7, 2019
As a former NAD user its not easy to understand what they offer.I had to navigate back and forth to several blogs and NAD website to get a understanding of whats available and get better info on the multiple options for stereo amps.

Here is a attempt to build a useful NAD amp overview (Info captured upto 2018 and this needs to be updated)

Its a attempt only and folks are requested to verify facts as needed .

BEE Series (All Class AB amps )
• Integrated : C 316 BEE V2 ; C326 BEE ; C 375 BEE
• Pre-Amp / Power Amp : C 165 BEE / C 275 BEE
C Series (All Hybrid DAC amps)
• Integrated : C 328 ; C 338 ; C 368 ; C 388
• Pre-Amp /Power Amp : C 510,C 658 / C 268
D Series (All Hybrid Digital amps)
• Integrated : D3020 V2 ; D 3045 ; D 3070
M (Masters) (All Direct Digital amps)
• Integrated : M32 ; M10
• Pre-Amp /Power Amp : M12 / M 22 V2
Notes : ( this info  needs correction's/updates  from the forum)

Historical Models and replacement
• Historical models on Digital Direct Amps history > Model 390DD followed by Model M2 and now M32
• Historical models on Masters (Class AB) history > Model M3 discontinued ?

hearhere

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 9, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
noticed a glowing comment re NAD m32 , might be of use to anyone wanting a one box solution 

"After a couple of years experimenting with numerous ss amps (Class A, AB and D), I made a somewhat unexpected choice of "best amp overall". It is Class D and about 150 watts. The NAD M32 is an integrated with DAC and optional add-in streamer module. Not hugely costly, but I've found it betters (all things considered and irrespective of price) amps from GamuT, Accuphase, Sugden, Quad, Benchmark, Sanders, Devialet, Micromega and others. It uses an unusual chip "the innovative DirectDigital™ Feedback Amplifier built under license from Cambridge Silicon Radio". However NAD has just announced the new M33 successor that offers all the M32 does plus built-in streamer, Dirac room correction, Alexa-type instructions, bigger LED screen, etc. It uses "the new HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ amplifier technology". Quoted as 180 watts."

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/rocking-the-boat-nord-hypex-nc1200-signature-amplifier.27730/page-3
That quote was from me!  Yes I rate the M32 very highly after deciding I wanted to move away from valve amplification to solid state and buying or home demoing a dozen or so good amps.

However the M33 is now available with even better sound though subtle.  They've changed the amplififier technology to Purifi (arguably the best Class D available at present), added a streamer as standard (add-in module in M32) and Dirac Live room correction.

I've not yet tried the Dirac, but already I have better sound.  The M33 will take a huge wadge of cash to better and used M32 will offer very good sound for those on a tighter budget.  There should be several ones coming up as owners move to the M33 - my own M32 is for sale if anyone interested.   Peter

Take a look at this M33 review -

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bazzer and hifinutt

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've today installed an oldie but goldie NAD M15 preamp/processor. 

It really doesn't need any apologies for its AV origins, used as a stereo preamp it has a bold and focused sound, not lacking in resolution. Very entertaining with the Acoustic Reality REF-1001 ICE monoblocks. 

The only nit I'd like to pick is the display - small and not that bright.  Seems a bit odd.  Or maybe if I was a bit younger it would be easier to make out!

8ArV36u.jpg

dizcotec

Wammer
Aug 15, 2021
Bedfordshire
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got myself a NAD M33, running it through my Monitor Audio GS60 and REL S812. Since I'm renting the house I couldn't do much room treatment and have to say that Dirac is quite magical, particularly on smoothening the top end and taking care of the bass frequencies. Even the already great soundstage on my GS60s improved. 

I was very hesitant to trade in my Musical Fidelity Amp/CD combo which I cherished for almost a decade and regretted it initially. But not a second any more after correctly measuring the room and getting Dirac adjusted. Leave alone the convenience of roon...

• Upvote
Reactions: MartinC

jobseeker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2010
Madeira Island
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Do tell how you get on with it. Especially if there are any buggy firmware type issues etc as well as overall. Did you make any comparison with C658/C298 combo before buying? Might also be worth an update on the Bluesound thread at any point if there are comments to be made about the BlueOs side of things.

dizcotec

Wammer
Aug 15, 2021
Bedfordshire
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, I have taken the C658/C298 into consideration but decided against it due to the lack of an HDMI Arc input. I had also written to NAD concerning a future upgrade of the firmware to include 4.2 capabilities similar to the M10 V2 that is coming up. They responded with a telling "it is very well possible". That sealed the deal for me.

I'm quite enjoying the fabulous touch screen as well.

This is my first bluesound device and I haven't found any flaw so far albeit it could be better at guiding through the menus. E.g. it takes quite a few submenus for me to change my Dirac sound profile. But it is very stable. I have to admit though that I mainly use roon. I will post in case I find anything.

The only thing I really have issues with is the HTRM 2 remote. Not that you really need it to listen to music, but it is supposed to be able to learn codes from my other living room devices, Samsung TV and TV box. I have failed miserably at that so far rendering the remote pretty much useless to me. It's a shame as it is a beautiful remote.

EddieRUKidding

Eddie RU Kidding
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Oz
AKA
Eddie R U Kidding p:
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The NADS you talk of a way to modern for me, I'm still running a NAD 1020B pre and 2140 Power combo with a second system with a 3155  :D

Have bridged the 2140 with the 3155 in the past for some full bodied 150w/channel fun, they just keep on going - my first NAD was the 3120.

nad_3120.jpg

Stargazer

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2015
Devon
AKA
Victor
On my email I got notification of a new Nad hybrid Integrated Amp 399.  What peaked my interest was its available power output, features and last but not least the price all about £1,800.  I wanted to ask a question about its specifications but having researched the whole NAD website there is no contact option anywhere where I can make my enquiry apart from these 'service stations' but that's for people who already bought the amp!  I was expecting NAD website to have a simple contact information like in most other Audio brand websites (eg Hegel).  So this obstacle does not really inspire me to buy NAD (if I fell in love with its sound audition) as there is no simple line of 'communication' and I don't want to depend just on Sevenoaks (the UK distributor).  Maybe someone on this forum who owns NAD components can kindly direct me to the right place to ask for information as to their products.

Sonofsun

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 10, 2010
Timperley
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got myself a NAD M33, running it through my Monitor Audio GS60 and REL S812. Since I'm renting the house I couldn't do much room treatment and have to say that Dirac is quite magical, particularly on smoothening the top end and taking care of the bass frequencies. Even the already great soundstage on my GS60s improved. 

I was very hesitant to trade in my Musical Fidelity Amp/CD combo which I cherished for almost a decade and regretted it initially. But not a second any more after correctly measuring the room and getting Dirac adjusted. Leave alone the convenience of roon...
Dirac is amazing, I have the NAD C658 ... and I love it. If it wasn't for dirac I would have ditched my Wharfdale Evo 4.2s.

• Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

jobseeker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2010
Madeira Island
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone know if the C658 balance controls can be active if it’s used in fixed output level mode, like into an integrated amp?

The Bish

The Bish
Wammer
Jul 3, 2020
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Nathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone know if the C658 balance controls can be active if it’s used in fixed output level mode, like into an integrated amp?
Yes, I have the gain fixed to -20dB into a croft 25RS and all the balance / tone controls and Dirac work. It's a pretty flexible box, was also very good directly driving a CA Edge W.

Reactions: jobseeker

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a NAD 3020e in the loft, original box and all. Purchased in the late 80’s I think. Worked last time I tried it in about 2005! Might get it down see how it compares to class D 30 years on!

Reactions: EddieRUKidding

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello

I thinking of a serious downgrade/ tidy up/ simplifying of my set up.

Has anyone use or used a NAD M10 as their one box solution, i will be streaming either Tidal or Spotify and possibly a TT and also using it for my TV sound

Ill probably look at the Blue sound Power node as its so much cheaper.

ta

beermaniac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 21, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
Hello
I thinking of a serious downgrade/ tidy up/ simplifying of my set up.
Has anyone use or used a NAD M10 as their one box solution, i will be streaming either Tidal or Spotify and possibly a TT and also using it for my TV sound
Ill probably look at the Blue sound Power node as its so much cheaper.
ta
The NAD M10 is a great unit, big step up from the Blusound Node with superb Bluos interface and display. Tidal, Spotify, Quboz, Amazon, Tunein etc all included and analogue and digital inputs.
Dirac live works well also.

It sounds better than the NAIM units in my opinion, I have owned a few.

I was so impressed with it i bought a used M33 a few weeks later.

I have the M10 for sale on the forum if interested- as new with 10 months warranty left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It certainly is a huge statement to make. I do see it's attraction given it offers a lot from one box. I remember a B&O dealer saying the same thing to me in the 70's. I will, as always, give it a listen one day and make my own judgement though.

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The NAD M10 is a great unit, big step up from the Blusound Node with superb Bluos interface and display. Tidal, Spotify, Quboz, Amazon, Tunein etc all included and analogue and digital inputs.
Dirac live works well also.

It sounds better than the NAIM units in my opinion, I have owned a few.

I was so impressed with it i bought a used M33 a few weeks later.

I have the M10 for sale on the forum if interested- as new with 10 months warranty left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The M10 is certainly a looker. Just twice the price of the node but the Dirac is a temptation.

I'm gonna think about it, as I've been on nights for four nights and now away for a few days. Just my phone and Cambridge Audio Melomania earbuds for company. Well the wife is here to but she'll have the TV on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online