Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
....what you need is four of these babies:-

http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=188&newsid=1035

Yes, through the use of genetic engineering and alien technology they have finally created a chilli that laughs in the face of the mighty Naga.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Trinidad Scorpion, coming in at up to a mind melting, probably literally, 2 million scovilles!!!

That's twice the average Naga!!!!

OK, who's going to be the first to try one/risk a visit to intensive care? ;-)

P.S. I can guarantee it wont be me,

Cheers

Steve

Superwimp

June

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2008
Transylancashire
AKA
Morris Karloff
Bah! I misread the title as 'Nagra'.

So let me get this right - you subscribe to Tesco news releases? :p

June

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2008
Transylancashire
AKA
Morris Karloff
I've still got a load of johns chillys he was selling ages ago - I had a taste of a bit that was the size of a rice crispy... it gave me the hiccups and I broke into sweat... :D tho, I place some in olive oil and that works well... :)
I've still got a few of John's Nagas with their lovely, complex smokey flavour (not just a burning mouth like you get with Scotch Bonnet).

khapahk

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 27, 2008
Linslade, Beds
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
....what you need is four of these babies:-http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=188&newsid=1035

Yes, through the use of genetic engineering and alien technology they have finally created a chilli that laughs in the face of the mighty Naga.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Trinidad Scorpion, coming in at up to a mind melting, probably literally, 2 million scovilles!!!

That's twice the average Naga!!!!

OK, who's going to be the first to try one/risk a visit to intensive care? ;-)

P.S. I can guarantee it wont be me,

Cheers

Steve

Superwimp
There was an item on the BBC East news last night about these - you should have seen the grower's greenhouses. Chilli heaven or what !!

k

Pierre The Bear

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 19, 2009
LEEDS
AKA
John
Boring. Very old news and Trinidad's are as much use in cooking as an F1 car is for nipping to the shop ie just stupid.

The "real" world of chilli fans is divided into 2 realms really. There are the ones who like the idea of more and more Scovilles and that is why we have hybrid, GM lab produced chilli's like the Scorpion mentioned.

There are a different set of chilli fans who actually like to eat them and compare the differences. The Naga chilli is the worlds hottest "naturally" produced chilli and quite frankly why you would ever need anything hotter is beyond me.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Boring. Very old news and Trinidad's are as much use in cooking as an F1 car is for nipping to the shop ie just stupid.The "real" world of chilli fans is divided into 2 realms really. There are the ones who like the idea of more and more Scovilles and that is why we have hybrid, GM lab produced chilli's like the Scorpion mentioned.

There are a different set of chilli fans who actually like to eat them and compare the differences. The Naga chilli is the worlds hottest "naturally" produced chilli and quite frankly why you would ever need anything hotter is beyond me.
:^

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The Naga chilli is the worlds hottest "naturally" produced chilli and quite frankly why you would ever need anything hotter is beyond me.
Fuel for interstellar rocket travel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online