New Album due out soon. It gives me great pleasure to anounce...

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Time for (another) new thread. It gives me great pleasure to anounce...

Mike Oldfield has a new album coming out. Man on the rocks. will be released on 3rd March 2014. Long overdue in my humble opinion, as a huge Mike Oldfield fan. Music of the Spheres was Brilliant IMHO, however that was 2008 :roll: .

mike-oldfield-man-on-the-rocks-2014.jpg

If you come across any other albums you think are worthwhile telling everyone about, post here. If you dont like Mike Oldfield, that's nice, but keeping it to yourself would be cool :cool: .

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He was great on TISWAS jumping outa that box and flinging pies, hope this is a good album, only time will tell ;-)

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
New Album due out soon. It gives me great pleasure to anounce...a new WHO Album for 2014.

Less than half a year after hinting at their imminent retirement from the road, the Who are getting back together sometime this year to record a new album.

Singer Roger Daltrey told NME that he and guitarist Pete Townshend — the only two surviving members of the band’s original lineup — will head into the studio in 2014 to work on some new music together.

“Pete’s got hundreds of songs,” said Daltrey. “So the only question is whether we get around to it. But he wants to make an album, and I’m always ready and raring to go. We’ll see. I never know what I’m doing next, it’s about what comes through my letterbox tomorrow, but I don’t see why we wouldn’t. My voice is still in good shape. The hearing isn’t so great, but the voice is fine.”

In October, Townshend told reporters that after the Who play a series of shows in 2015, the band will retire for good this time (there’s been more than one Who farewell tour in the past, if you’re keeping score). But he left open the possibility of more studio recordings by him and Daltrey.

The singer, who has a new album with Dr. Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson coming out in March, said the Who’s plans are still up in the air right now. But he seems pretty sure a trip to the studio is in their future. It will be the band’s first album since 2006′s ‘Endless Wire.’

As for other 50th-anniversary plans, Daltrey said he didn’t know how he and Townshend will mark the occasion. “Possibly it’ll be this album,” he told NME. “I haven’t thought about it, to be honest. We didn’t think it was going to last the week, let alone 50 years. We were the Who, we used to break up after every show.”

And here's a few more that might be of interest.

*CD ALBUMS*

Aretha Franklin - The Queen Of Soul - superb value 4CD Box Set w/ 87 tracks - CD - £17.99

Augustines - Augustines - Brooklyn-based rock band's new offering - CD - £11.99

Bap Kennedy - Let's Start Again - sixth studio set from Belfast singer-songwriter - CD - £9.99

Behemoth - The Satanist - limited Digibook CD+DVD ft. documentary + live set - CD - £10.99

Behemoth - The Satanist - Nuclear Blast issue of thundering metal - CD - £9.99

Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long See You Tomorrow - strictly limited Digipack w/ 10 new tracks - CD - £10.99

Boz Scaggs - Live At The Fillmore West - 2CD set 27-track live performance from 1971 - CD - £15.99

Broken Bells - After The Disco - new set from James Mercer & Danger Mouse - CD - £11.99

Ceiling Demons - Dual Sides - alternative hip-hop in hand-fashioned sleeve - CD - £4.99

Count Basie And His Orchestra - Afrique - excellent Ace jazz title - CD - £6.99

Family Rain - Under The Volcano - debut album of hard rock 'n blues - CD - £11.99

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is: The Ballads - special 2CD edition w/ 12-track live show - CD - £13.99

Gato Barbieri - The Third World - excellent Ace jazz title - CD - £6.99

Gwen McCrae - Gwen McCrae - BBR reissue of 1981 soul album w/ bonus tracks - CD - £9.99

Jim Capaldi - The Contender - expanded 2CD edition w/ unreleased cuts - CD - £12.99

John Butler Trio - Flesh And Blood - first album with new line-up - CD - £16.99

Lonnie Liston Smith - Astral Traveling - excellent Ace jazz title - CD - £6.99

Maximo Park - Too Much Information - Limited Edition 2CD w/ 6-track bonus disc - CD - £11.99

Maximo Park - Too Much Information - stand out fifth album standard edition - CD - £9.99

Moose - XYZ - classic 1991 shoegaze w/ 7 bonus tracks - CD - £8.99

Orange Juice - You Can't Hide Your Love Forever - Domino Records reissue of Scots classic - CD - £8.99

Orange Juice - Rip It Up - Domino Records reissue of Scots classic - CD - £8.99

Orange Juice - Texas Fever - Domino Records reissue of Scots classic - CD - £8.99

Orange Juice - The Orange Juice - Domino Records reissue of Scots classic - CD - £8.99

Otis Redding - The King Of Soul - superb value 4CD Box Set w/ 92 tracks - CD - £17.99

Rainbow - Rainbow Singles Box 75–86 - 19CD Box Set w/ 32-page book - strictly limited - CD - £72.99

Robben Ford - A Day In Nashville - 9 new cuts from blues guitarist - CD - £12.99

Roger Glover - Mask - 8-track 1984 reissue - CD - £8.99

Seeds - Raw And Alive - 2CD set of studio album plus live show - CD - £13.99

Seth Lakeman - Word Of Mouth - brand new studio set from folk superstar - CD - £10.99

Seth Lakeman - Word Of Mouth - limited book pack 2CD+DVD & 24-page book - CD - £16.99

Suzanne Vega - Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles - 10 new tracks, first in 7 years - recommended - CD - £10.99

Treatment - Running with The Dogs - Limited Edition 2CD set w/ 6-track bonus disc - CD - £13.99

Various Artists - Kent's Cellar Of Soul - Vol 3 - superb Ace compilation - CD - £10.99

Various Artists - Hall Of Fame - Vol 3 - superb Ace compilation - CD - £10.99

Various Artists - Studio One Rocksteady - 18-track Soul Jazz compilation of cool slices - CD - £14.99

Various Artists - Vamps Et Vampire - The Songs Of Serge - marvellous 25-track Ace compilation - CD - £10.99

Various Artists - Dusty Heard Them Here First - marvellous 24-track Ace compilation - CD - £10.99

Within Temptation - Hydra - very limited 2CD set on Dramatico w/ very thick booklet - CD - £17.99

Within Temptation - Hydra - super-limited 3CD+2LP + book + plectrum - CD - £58.99

*VINYL LPs*

Augustines - Augustines - Caroline Records pressing inc digital download - LP - £21.99

Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long See You Tomorrow - 10-track very limited LP on Island - LP - £16.99

Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season - Let Them Eat Vinyl coloured wax - LP - £14.99

Broken Bells - After The Disco - 180g vinyl w/ download code - LP - £17.99

Dennis Brown - Vision Of Dennis Brown - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Dennis Brown - Words Of Wisdom - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Eek-A-Mouse - Mouseketeer - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Elvis Presley - His Hand In Mine - reissue of classic title - LP - £24.99

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - delayed release of 2LP follow-up album - LP - £20.99

Entombed - Wolverine Blues - strictly limited to 200 classic album reissue - LP - £13.99

Family Fodder - Monkey Banana Kitchen - Staubgold strictly limited pressing - LP - £15.99

Family Fodder - Schizophrenia Party - Staubgold strictly limited pressing - LP - £15.99

Family Rain - Under The Volcano - Limited Edition on Vertigo in g/f sleeve - LP - £20.99

Freddie Mcgregor - Big Ship - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Funkadelic - Standing on The Verge Of Getting It on - 1974 deep groove classic reissued - LP - £10.99

Gaslight Anthem - The B-sides - Limited Edition collection of flipsides - LP - £14.99

Hawklords - Dream - very few pressed - for fans of Hawkwind - LP - £18.99

Haxan Cloak - The Haxan Cloak - coloured vinyl strict Limited Edition - last batch in! - LP - £16.99

I Break Horses - Chiaroscuro - brand new album on limited vinyl - LP - £16.99

I Break Horses - Hearts - 2011 LP back in stock to go with new set - LP - £18.99

John Butler Trio - Flesh & Blood - 2LP set in heavy card sleeve w/ bonus tracks & CD - LP - £16.99

Johnny Osbourne - Never Stop Fighting - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Maximo Park - Too Much Information - Limited Edition HQ Pressing w/ CD - LP - £15.99

Mouthpiece - Can't Kill What's Inside - Revelation Records pressing - LP - £12.99

New York Dolls - Too Much Too Soon - 1974 classic album reissue - LP - £14.99

Prisoners - A Taste Of Pink - limited to 500 on Ace on pink vinyl - LP - £12.99

Rifles - None The Wiser - strictly limited to 500 only on Cooking Vinyl - LP - £13.99

Robben Ford - A Day In Nashville - Provogue quality pressing - LP - £15.99

Robert Wyatt - '68 - very rare unreleased material on Cuneiform - LP - £24.99

Seth Lakeman - Word Of Mouth - 180g vinyl w/ download code - LP - £15.99

Radiators From Space - Sound City Beat - very few pressed - for fans of Specials - LP - £18.99

Suzanne Vega - Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles - 180g vinyl w/ download code - LP - £14.99

Various Artists - Studio One Rocksteady - Soul Jazz 2LP set in g/f sleeve w/ 18 tracks - LP - £17.99

Velvet Underground - Greatest Hits - reissue of classic MGM 1970 Best Of - LP - £21.99

Within Temptation - Hydra - Limited Edition 2LP set in g/f sleeve - LP - £17.99

Xiu Xiu - Angel Guts - Red Classroom - Bella Union pressing includes copy on CD - LP - £16.99

Yellowman - Mister Yellowman - excellent budget reggae pressing - LP - £7.99

Young Fathers - Dead - 10-track LP on Big Dada Records w/ d/l code - LP - £15.99

:geek:

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One you missed is the soon to be released Ian Anderson solo album.

As I mentioned to in another thread Ian Anderson goes on the road in April to celebrate the release of a new Prog/Folk album. The entire new album plus Jethro Tull classics are to be played. It will be performed by the Ian Anderson touring band that so brilliantly performed on Thick As A Brick II. No more details available yet.

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
New Album due out soon. It gives me great pleasure to anounce...a new Ian Anderson solo album.As I mentioned to in another thread Ian Anderson goes on the road in April to celebrate the release of a new Prog/Folk album. The entire new album plus Jethro Tull classics are to be played. It will be performed by the Ian Anderson touring band that so brilliantly performed on Thick As A Brick II. No more details available yet.
Fixt, I was aware but forgot :doh: .

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never mind all that rock stuff, when are those purveyors of female vocals The Staves releasing another album? :td:

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Never mind all that rock stuff, when are those purveyors of female vocals The Staves releasing another album? :td:
I've looked them up, and there's very little information I found about a new album, Nice music on their official website though Here :)

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Joy of brilliant MO to all. I liked/like his early 3 alba/15 singles. I do not like his rerererererere etc doings of anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles