Antz Davis
Wammer
Dec 21, 2020
Worcestershire
AKA
Antony Davis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
was asked to demo this new Link Plug from my dealer on Saturday - below is my review for them - limited production run of 500 - for me on bare NDX or newer NDX2  it is a no brainer - also would consider this before I parting with my hard earned on a PSU

Following the quickest installation of the Cord Bridge on Saturday – around 3 mins inc the NDX being switched back on

Immediate thoughts on switching the NDX back on – that sounds nice already – but let’s give it some time

Took about 3 hours to really shine – the whole musical sound stage became richer and far more detailed across the whole spectrum, bass is far richer and deeper  mid-range has more focus and drive – vocals clearer and more defined

Even the Higher Res files had a richer depth, , dare one say more analogue warmth to them – Don’t worry my LP12 is going nowhere, but I may look now look at NDX2 in time

It fair to say along with the Karsouel on a ££ for ££ basis if you are saving up for PSU or don’t want one it’s a NO BRANIER
my system is NDX( 2014) with Titan Electkra cable into 252/SC/300DR – B&W 805N with Cord Odyssey cable

EmTZNB4XMAAGFDr.jpg

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A quick reminder about the Reviews section:

Product reviews written specifically by our designated content team. They are the personal opinions of our chosen members on products supplied by manufacturers.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Product reviews written specifically by our designated content team. They are the personal opinions of our chosen members on products supplied by manufacturers.
Also interesting that the review has been written as if we all know him 💭 hmmm 2 hours into membership. No brainer and no price? 

• Upvote
Reactions: savvypaul

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Tell them to check their spelling George :)   Especially when it is the Brand name!

Antz Davis

Antz Davis
Wammer
Dec 21, 2020
Worcestershire
AKA
Antony Davis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Also interesting that the review has been written as if we all know him 💭 hmmm 2 hours into membership. No brainer and no price? 
£500, my review was not written to be informal but copied from my post to my dealer, as new member still learning the ropes 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When you take into contest a new XPSDR is £4,000 and 555 PSU is all but £ 7,000

£500 for a real musical uplift personally I think is a prettty good value even though is a link plug 
I would have thought Naim would have been on that years ago if there was a benefit. Having said that, I recall there is a connection between the two companies anyway. I got off the naim bandwagon years ago, sadly the further up the ladder I went, the less I was entertained unlike my wallet. 

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They say you learn something everyday, so on that premise - what is a link plug? What does it do, what's it linking? Sorry for the dumb question but I am just curious.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They say you learn something everyday, so on that premise - what is a link plug? What does it do, what's it linking? Sorry for the dumb question but I am just curious.
I’d like to know that too. Normally a ‘review‘ explains what the product is, how much it costs, and how it was used.  And if it is so great, why on earth would it be a limited edition, unless the regular model will be half the price?

• Upvote
Reactions: Three sheds

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a glorified blanking plug 😊

basically it completes the circuit for the optional psu socket on a naim source or amp. If no circuit is made, the item won’t work so you need a psu or plug. What this thread is saying is the chord ‘plug’ can sound better than a std Naim plug

its the big one in the photo below

BD3D9282-FCF0-405E-BAFC-5732CACE41CA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a glorified blanking plug 😊

basically it completes the circuit for the optional psu on a naim source or amp. If no circuit is made, the item won’t work so psu or plug. What this thread is saying is the chord ‘plug’ can sound better than a std Naim plug

its the big one in the photo below

41531DEB-7734-4A51-AEAA-D4A4813133B6.jpeg
Oh my giddy aunt - £500!  :eek:

Blackmetalboon

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 1, 2015
Brighton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a shorting plug, it shorts out (connects) the inputs that are not used and works as a blanking plug. It’s designed to keep RFI, tiny ants and negative vibes from entering your equipment. 
Certain manufacturers have been making various versions of them for years.

• Upvote

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a shorting plug, it shorts out (connects) the inputs that are not used and works as a blanking plug. It’s designed to keep RFI, tiny ants and negative vibes from entering your equipment. 
Certain manufacturers have been making various versions of them for years.
Thanks!  I thought a ‘bridge’ was a DAC-less streaming device, so it is indeed a stupid name, and might be worth a tenth of the asking price.   Just off to check my spare sockets for tiny ants...!   :cafe:

As a slight aside, I used to think Chord Cables were a fairly serious business, albeit they became a bit blingtastic for my tastes. But first the English Electric switch and now this.  We just need the Stonehenge Earthing Box then they’ll have completely lost the plot. 

• Haha

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Grief. There is some real ignorance on this thread. I suggest some actually bother to find out why Naim use these Link plugs. They are not shorting or blanking plugs.

Anyone thinking about buying thus non Naim product needs to realise that doing so voids any Naim warranty.

Blackmetalboon

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 1, 2015
Brighton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Grief. There is some real ignorance on this thread. I suggest some actually bother to find out why Naim use these Link plugs. They are not shorting or blanking plugs.

Anyone thinking about buying thus non Naim product needs to realise that doing so voids any Naim warranty.
So what are they?
Even Hifi publications seem confused. What Hi-FiMono & Stereo and even the company that makes them describe them as such.

• Haha
Reactions: savvypaul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.