New Sennheiser 800S Headphones

Thetiminator

Painfully Virile
Wammer
Nov 12, 2012
In the doghouse :(
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bought as a big surprise for my dad's b'day yesterday....the biggest surprise being he'd chopped in his headamp and 560's for a Stax set up as a selfie b'day pressie....hey ho.

Bought from Highend Headphones on Friday past and delivered to me on Monday, never been worn (I plugged them in briefly to check all was working), booklets/warranties etc. unopened. Paul will stand over the warranty.

Photos are pretty pointless as they are new, but added for decoration.

Cost £1199 (receipt included)

Asking £925 inc. next day UK delivery.

isotc2.jpg

isotc1.jpg

dmv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thetiminator

Painfully Virile
Wammer
Nov 12, 2012
In the doghouse :(
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes but I wouldn't do that to Paul. When I bought them I was even taking a put that he would like them (he loved the pair I used to have, but never heard them in his system) or even that his amp would be a decent match or even be able to drive them properly.

I was aware that there was a chance I'd have to sell them at a loss....I just never factored in that the div would do this after 10 years with the same system!!!!! Socks for him next year..... >:(

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wouldn't you lose less by sending them back under distance selling rules? https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/distance-selling

I do remember reading somewhere that it is perfectly acceptable to open up packaging as long as the item is undamaged...but I can't find that detail right now.
I'm sure Crom is right you must be able to get a refund. Any respectable dealer these days would, regardless of the circumstances even. People do change their mind, and make impulse buys they regret. A dealer shouldnt hold you to ransom, they are practicaly as you've received them and unused! 

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure Crom is right you must be able to get a refund. Any respectable dealer these days would, regardless of the circumstances even. People do change their mind, and make impulse buys they regret. A dealer shouldnt hold you to ransom, they are practicaly as you've received them and unused! 
But see post #3...

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I might be getting confused here and not getting the point, but I just dont like to see people losing money unnecessarily, consumer love and all that. Plus we all do things off the cuff we regret as consumers, and we're all prime candidates on here, that's why these things like regulations are in place. You might be personal with Paul but if he's a dealer he has to understand this. If your happy to do a deal its up to you guys, go for it, if it suits everyone then great. I just wouldnt want to be in the position where I lose money over something that might be reversible, but just as much I wouldnt want to see anyone else feel awkward in that position either.

corgi 1

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 13, 2014
Hazlemere
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
ooh still trying to fight the urge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are these open or closed back ?

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
fighting MUST KEEP CASH IN BANK AAAAAAAGH !!!!!! GETTING HARDER !!
Just buy them man, What enjoyment are you getting from that cash in the bank and think of the enjoyment and relaxation you're going to get from those cans. That money will get back there eventually I'm sure, 'somehow' :)  

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online