Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this,but yesterday picked up two Beatle Originals.

Abbey Road,1st pressing with "mis-aligned Apple" and no"Her Magesty" looks ex- and

a1st pressing of "With the Beatles" in "Stereo",jobete pub.credit for Money,gotta on sleeve and lable,looks Ex.

Both will have a clean on the old vpi over the weekend.

odell

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 4, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Did you pay charity shop prices for these gems?

Most charity shops now seem to have someone who filters out the good stuff for eBayand inflates the price of the rest - I've seen common as muck titles like Jacko's Off The Wall and War Of The Worldspriced at £10.

My best charity shop find was probablya first pressingofVan Morrison's 'Moondance' for 50p.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes 50p for both,but have given them loads of run of the mill stuff over the years,that generally flies out and they make a few bob,so we are both happy.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
a 1st pressing of "With the Beatles" in "Stereo",jobete pub.credit for Money,gotta on sleeve and lable,looks Ex
What does this bit mean Emma? 'jobete... gotta on sleeve and lable.' Sounds like a reggae song.
tongue.png

Nice finds! Always good when you spot a bargain. Great music too.
biggrin.png

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jobete was a mis-credit for the publisher of the music for money. gotta was a mis-print on the lable and sleeve,both were withdrawn after not too many pressings.

Hence its relatively rareand the Beatles completists appear to want everything,also its in stereo,most people bought monos in the early sixties.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No Emma not at all. I thought it was a line from a Musical Youth song!

I haven't bothered collecting The Beatles as it's a minefield. I've owned a copy of Abbey Road for donkeys years but have no idea whether it's a first issue or not. (How do you tell - matrix numbers?) I recently picked up the first one Please Please Me and the third (?) Beatles For Sale. They are probably european reissues and worthless. The first one is Portugese I think. I don't have With The Beatles. I fancied buying the White Album a while ago, made a few bids on eBay then gave up when the prices went too high. It seems the values according to the 'bible' the RRPG go out the window with a lot of stuff. Plus there are so many versions of Beatles albums, where do you start without remortgaging your home to buy an original?

As I said - nice finds.

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got a black and gold Parlophone :dude:pMC1202 first pressing with the K T tax code.

shame that it's the 1957 mono recording of Flanders and Swann's At the Drop of a Hat. (not to be confused with the 60s stereo re-recording PCS3001)and not aBeatles Please Please Me. :nuts:it's got the wobbly run out groove...

£1 in a charity shop too!
biggrin.png

odell

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 4, 2006
, , United Kingdom
The Beatles Blue Box (BC13)is a good way of getting decent pressings of all of the Beatles albums (except Magical Mystery Tour and the compilations)at a reasonable price. These are 70's analogue mastered stereo pressings not the later digitally remastered ones.

The LPs in the blue box I've gotare as near mint as you can get - I think the previous owner must have just stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it.

You can pick it up on eBay for around a £100 - here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Beatles-Collection-Blue-Box-Set_W0QQitemZ7623741761QQcategoryZ432QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best to get the y/b parlophones(expensive in good nick)or early re-issues,relatively cheap.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just checked mine and the Please Please Me is a yellow and black label Portugal issue and the Beatles For Sale is a UK issue black and grey/silver label with two EMI logos (this is significant to collectors I believe). The Abbey Road LP is on the familiar Apple label and is a first issue as far as I can tell.

What other Beatles' albums do you have on vinyl Emma?

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All of them,mono and stereo where appropriate,all original UKy/b'sand a couple of gold/black Please please memonos.Also their apple LP's,including a near mint as dammit mono white album.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Emma Royd wrote:

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this,but yesterday picked up two Beatle Originals.Abbey Road,1st pressing with "mis-aligned Apple" and no"Her Magesty" looks ex- and

a1st pressing of "With the Beatles" in "Stereo",jobete pub.credit for Money,gotta on sleeve and lable,looks Ex.

Both will have a clean on the old vpi over the weekend.
Nice album but its not that rare pre Apple are the ones I collect and export or special runs

If its in good nick you would get about £200 for it from a dealer on e-bay it would bring about £300

Average for that album is about £75

I am after a third pressing of "With The Beatles" but thats about £300 plus
sad.png

Have some very nice unused Beatles records
smile.png

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dave,do you mean unused or in ex condition?As I have many origs. Example fifteen sgt peppers.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Emma Royd wrote:

Dave,do you mean unused or in ex condition?As I have many origs. Example fifteen sgt peppers.
Plus an Export "Let it Be",in mint or as near as dammit mint condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online