Nikon D7100 disappointment

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Tony

The focus was easily corrected by using a focus chard downloaded from the internet. One was for actual focus vs focal length and the other was to check forward/backward focusing issues, this requires a fair bit of faffing about but looking on Youtube there are plenty of instructional videos on how to make the necessary changes in the camera..

My main issue was both lenses needed adjustment in the camera, this was very noticeable with wide angle shots where the outer 2/3rds were blurred due to the focusng issues.After adjustments the results were exactly on the money compared to my previous camera.

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/focus-chart
Many thanks - I will give it a go on my D90.

• Upvote
Reactions: Strider

geraint

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2007
, ,
good to hear you've got the issues sorted, did feel a tad guilty after praising the d7100.

I too will check the LR settings.

• Upvote

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
good to hear you've got the issues sorted, did feel a tad guilty after praising the d7100.

I too will check the LR settings.
I don't think you were wrong at all praising the D7100, if anything it would be me thats ashamed for doubting such a capable and superb camera! I'm so pleased that everything is working and I can see that the D7100 is in a different league to my D3200 but the best part is I'm thoroughly excited about photography again.

Once again, you guys here really came to the rescue and gave me so much useful advice and tips where things could be going wrong and with extra input from Nikon I'm all sorted...😘

Bolts

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 10, 2013
Kingston Surrey
AKA
Ben
Mark as you say this is a brilliant forum and I'd also recommend, if you haven't already, signing up for Nikonians - there are some really expert people in there and a whole forum area devoted to your new camera. I've found it invaluable as a resource.

https://www.nikonians.org/

• Upvote

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks - I will give it a go on my D90.
...except, of course, focus correction isn't a feature that is available on the D90  :(  Oh well, just have to save up my pennies for a D7200...

milotmini731

Member Person
New Wammer
Dec 20, 2016
Guangzhou, China
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
...except, of course, focus correction isn't a feature that is available on the D90  :(  Oh well, just have to save up my pennies for a D7200...
I myself am trying to see if I should graduate from my D90. So many tempting upgrades, but with all my hobbies I always get caught up in gear before practice so I'm trying to be good and stick to it for another year or two.  :$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles