Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2010
Warwick, UK
AKA
Peter Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can't believe there's no NAS thread in this list! So here's one for all of us who don't fit the mainstream, who go off in our own direction, and feel happy about it :) .

As a starting point, here's my NAS Dais as modified by me using copious amounts of Panzerholz (tankwood). It has an Ace Space 12" arm and Benz Wood LP cartridge.

1620378_10151946535918471_761605165_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing others' decks. Anyone got a Deco or Annalog?

Peter

old_school

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2011
London
AKA
Jay
My Spacedeck/heavy kit is languishing a bit right now as I await (impatiently) delivery of a second arm-base. Will post a pic when it's all together again.

S

soulman

My spacedeck with spacearm is the best I've owned by a long way, looks great too (imho) and is buil to last with minimum faff (once i's setup)...

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hardly non-mainstream is it?

There are loads of NAS owners on this forum, probably more than own SME, Kuzma, Well Tempered and Clearaudio put together.

G

Had the pleasure of meeting Tom Fletcher when I took a neglected Spacedeck to be rescued @ NA.

I asked him what he'd recommend as a TT support.

His answer was along the lines of it'll sound just as good on an old kitchen table.

Now onto a Hyperspace with an stereo & mono arm.

Just great simple engineering & materials.

Will post a pic when I get back from hols :D

old_school

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2011
London
AKA
Jay
Had the pleasure of meeting Tom Fletcher when I took a neglected Spacedeck to be rescued @ NA.I asked him what he'd recommend as a TT support.

His answer was along the lines of it'll sound just as good on an old kitchen table.
The only reason I'm using the MDF slab provided is to keep the perspex cover from getting bumped and smacking the tonearms.

Now onto a Hyperspace with an stereo & mono arm.Just great simple engineering & materials.

Will post a pic when I get back from hols :D
I'm thinking of moving up the range from the Spacedeck, but I'm not sure I can, or should.

peter-ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2010
Warwick, UK
AKA
Peter Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great pics of a great deck!

I would take issue with the comment about what NA decks are placed on, though. In my experience the support can make a big difference. I first moved it onto a hunk of slate (in the pic at the top) and my wife came into the room to say how much better it sounded. I've subsequently suspended it on Townshend Seismic Sink "pods" and it's improved again.

Because of the inherent simplicity of an NA deck, it's very easy to remove the key bits and put them into your own plinth. I can recommend Panzerholz but I'm sure good quality plywood would also be worthwhile.

arturo

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2009
Herts
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Ime the heavy kit plus the wave mechanic put the ace spacedeck up several notches, absolutely love mine, and as has been said, v. important for me, is the complete lack of faffing around.

arturo

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2009
Herts
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Ah, yes, "My wife came into the room and . . ."?

Insert as inappropriate.

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
"My wife came into the room and . . ."?
said

"My god, I just had to come downstairs to see what was going on. The ironing can wait. What have you done. I honestly thought that you had brought a live Jazz Band into my front lounge.

Unbelievable !!!!!, Talk about viels lifted. The sax feels like it is 10ft in front of me.... really. I could almost reach out and pluck the strings of the Double Bass. That soundstage is as wide as a bus. Unbelievable!!!

Whatever is different, I approve. I dont care how much it costs or even if the kids have to starve.........buy it. Unbelievable!!! I love you, honey bunch. What a guy"

G

Don't forget to clean out the old oil from the bearing every 6 months ish.

Bearing lube available from The very nice Penny @ NA.

And....my wife has just come in from the kitchen & exclaimed, "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"

:p

peter-ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2010
Warwick, UK
AKA
Peter Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I turn my back for a few minutes and look what happens! :)

TBH there are times now when I almost feel like I'm listening to real instruments. I'm sure people spending megabucks get that feeling more often, perhaps even all the time, but for me it's good that it happens occasionally. I remember when I first started out in hi-fi, with an Arison RD80, Creek CAS4040 and Mission 700s, that it didn't happen at all but I enjoyed it anyway. I still have the Creek -- my wife uses it in her study -- a good £100 investment I think. Oh and the Missions too, though there're in the loft because I don't have a use for them at present. Conveying the emotion in the music is what's important to me, though I also love a good image and deep bass, and I've been fortunate to have had that in the various kit I've had over the years. I think what I have now is the best I've had and the NA is a key part of that.

And yes, my wife is quicker to hear changes than me :)

Audiophilee

Wammer
New Wammer
May 13, 2014
Gloucester
AKA
Paul
First post, here's my Ace Spacedeck with heavy upgrade kit, SME IV arm rewired with Ikeda silver, Oyaide mat and weight and Denon cart - Love it!

DSC_4885_zpsf84f80dc.jpg

Lefty

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 8, 2005
In your town
Wow - very nice indeed :)

Did you feel the heavy kit made a worthwhile difference to the sound? I've got an Ace Space and was wondering about the Heavy Kit...

Lefty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online