Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
[SIZE=16pt]Well, having featured in the ‘Gems on eBay’ section, I guess it’s about time I advertised on HERE! (They weren’t on t’Bay)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Lovely beautifully made horn speakers, rarely seen in UK. 15 inch bass driver plus a wonderfully built-in  [/SIZE]midrange driver horn and a tweeter horn taking in the top.

[SIZE=16pt]I don’t know whether Opera or JBL first thought of incorporating the horn into the body of the speaker (JBL4345) but it looks great, especially in wood as here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The sound is great as you’d expect dynamic, detailed, musical plus being 98db efficient, needing very few watts to run.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]They weigh 54 kgs, so very well put together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I was thinking of getting Klipsch Cornwall 4s - having owned Klipschorns (and Avantgarde Duos) before, but the Operas are so much nicer looking than the black box of the Cornwall, and just as great sounding[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]You can read about the (basic M15 horn) here[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]https://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/opera_m15_e.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]or (gooogle Translate?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]http://dl.opera-online.de/Review/Audio_04_2015_026_027.pdf[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]They have the horn characteristic of sounding full bodied even at low volume and, like Quad ELSs, seem to get clearer rather than louder at higher volume. Great with all types of music. Single wire input-rear pic coming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]£3500, plus carriage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I’d recommend shipping by Pallet for safety[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Can be heard in Bristol or I can ship, post receipt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Chris in Shirehampton.[/SIZE]

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Huntergatherer

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2009
Old Welwyn,
AKA
Trefor
Hey they look flipping lovely all the dynamics and believability of horns without the Size conflicting with domestic harmony.

Once you hear good horns you can't go back .

When I downsize I'm gonna have to sell my La Scalas but not for a while yet

Reactions: deggie

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Discount to Wammers. Impeccable wood. (What does 'impeccable' mean....? Peccable? Must look up)

Anyway-someone has pointed out that the mid horn looks very similar to that on the Vox Olympian speaker!

Only considerably less money!

IMG_1737.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mondie

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Discount to Wammers. Impeccable wood. (What does 'impeccable' mean....? Peccable? Must look up)

Anyway-someone has pointed out that the mid horn looks very similar to that on the Vox Olympian speaker!

Only considerably less money!

Means that it cannot be attacked by "woodpeccers"  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: hiesteem

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You got it back from the Amazon "fulfillment centre"? That's great news and rather unexpected (by me at least). How did they locate it?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Good Vibes

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 29, 2005
Croydon, , United Ki
Chris,

I have a Japanese friend in Tokyo who is putting together a nice high end system for himself as he's moved into a new house. I recommended these speakers to him, only question is would you be prepared to ship out to him in Japan (understand they are going to be in wooden pallet even if sending here in the UK).

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online