Ortofon tonearms

stefanher

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2006
Lincs, , United King
AKA
Stefan
Anybody know anything about these- I don't think they're manufactured anymore. I suspect they were made to house the SPU which in my mind equates to an early SME equivalent- but does anyone have any direct experience of these?

S

Sranang_Boi

Somebody once gave me a RS-212 (at least that's what I think the number was). I couldn't figure out how to mount it on my TT since it has a triangular mounting base. Never heard it play as a consequence. It's probably in mine of my mother's loft with all the other junk from 3o odd years of hi-fi purchases.

I got the manual somewhere if that would help.

Markus

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 29, 2005
North Thrumpton, ,
Ortofon introduced a couple of new tonearms recently. According to TW Acustic's Thomas Woschnick, they are better than their predecessors even though they are priced substantially lower.

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Markus Sauer wrote:

Ortofon introduced a couple of new tonearms recently. According to TW Acustic's Thomas Woschnick, they are better than their predecessors even though they are priced substantially lower.
Really? like how much lower?

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
stefanher wrote:

Anybody know anything about these- I don't think they're manufactured anymore. I suspect they were made to house the SPU which in my mind equates to an early SME equivalent- but does anyone have any direct experience of these?
Nice arms you might be able to get them from Japan, cost in US dollars new about $1,700 I think :)they also sell cables by Ortofon in Japan

info@ortofon.jpor call +81 3 3818 5243

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online