Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking for a new (as in new ideally - not used) phono preamp. Ideally would have MM/MC capability so there is built in flexibility. Any suggestions please?

kernow

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2009
Devon
AKA
Shaun
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I'd go for a pure sound p10, any MC phono at that price would be . . Ehhh anyway. You could add a t10 sut later 

Reactions: HouseElf

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lehman black cube .. does what it says on the can without any fuss or bother  .. unbelievable performance for the price .. I’ve tried phono amps costing 3 times the price and it still held its own .. partners fabulously with the Benz Micro Ace

kindest regards Julian

kernow

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2009
Devon
AKA
Shaun
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
There's an mm ear 834p on eBay right now for a really nice BIN 

just saying

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You might get a Project Phono Box RS for that soon as there's a new model coming.

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a quick update to close this thread off. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided in the end to buy a phono preamp for life and not just for Christmas and ended up with an EAR Phonobox. 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a quick update to close this thread off. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided in the end to buy a phono preamp for life and not just for Christmas and ended up with an EAR Phonobox. 
Nice choice mate... in stock or do you have to wait for it?

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got one the last one in stock it would seem of the 3 places I tried (unless I wanted the demo model) and it arrived this afternoon. Gone for the black fascia with volume control.

Only listened to it for around half an hour but it sounds excellent. Really, really excellent. Looking forward to this evening when I can get it properly warmed up and do some proper listening. 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got one the last one in stock it would seem of the 3 places I tried (unless I wanted the demo model) and it arrived this afternoon. Gone for the black fascia with volume control.

Only listened to it for around half an hour but it sounds excellent. Really, really excellent. Looking forward to this evening when I can get it properly warmed up and do some proper listening. 
Good stuff. You will be itching to try that MC stage next 😜 

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good stuff. You will be itching to try that MC stage next 😜 
I am currently using an Audio Technica VM540ML but this replaced an Audio Technica AT33PTG/ii which I still have - it is a bit long in the tooth which is why it was replaced. It will be interesting to try with the Phonobox to see how good the MC setting is. Might lead me to getting another MC cart and relegate the 540ML to being a back up. More bloody expense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online