Wammer
Wammer
May 4, 2012
Y Fenni
AKA
Stephen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Out of curiosity how many use their PMC's in an AV setup ?

I had been for the last 10 years, but have recently traded in my Twenty.23s (fronts), Twenty.21s (rears) and Twenty.c (centre) for a pair of Twenty5.26is and gone back to a 2-channel setup.

My AV amp was an Arcam AVR600, which also got traded in.

timmytiger

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2013
Essex costa
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Out of curiosity how many use their PMC's in an AV setup ?
I used mine either side of an 8' screen for a long time, fantastic for high DR soundtracks out of the Sony BluRay player and the sound from a Humax Freesat tuner on PCM stereo could be good. Signal quality on old music vids wasn't as good as hoped.

Reactions: PhilCtte

PhilCtte

Wammer
New Wammer
Oct 18, 2015
I had been for the last 10 years, but have recently traded in my Twenty.23s (fronts), Twenty.21s (rears) and Twenty.c (centre) for a pair of Twenty5.26is and gone back to a 2-channel setup.

My AV amp was an Arcam AVR600, which also got traded in.
Very nice , I can imagine you would need all the cash from those trade ins for the price of the 26i's . I've just decided after much deliberating that I couldnt quiet stretch £££ for the 26i's and sold my PMC 25.22's and went for a pair of Focal Kanta 2's. If you do enough research you can get a decent discount, but the cheapest I found an ex demo PMC's was £6299 .

Reactions: sparkmeister

stormyuklondon1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2006
AKA
Scott
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which amplifiers do you recommend for the PMC Twenty 5.21i or Twenty 5.23i?
How much do you want to spend? If it’s 2.1k the pmc cor in the classifieds is a stone cold bargain and great match..
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/pmc-cor-amplifier-£2100-price-drop.122905/

rushboy

New Wammer
Apr 25, 2020
How much do you want to spend? If it’s 2.1k the pmc cor in the classifieds is a stone cold bargain and great match..
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/pmc-cor-amplifier-£2100-price-drop.122905/
Sorry no interest.
Does Exposure Amps go well with the PMC?

Steve Stifler

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2015
Them Surrey hills
AKA
Mikah
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Single wired off a decent amp should be fine. Save your cash on cables and connectors. I had the original 20/26 driven by a Hegel H360. I had to have two bass drives replaced under warranty. They developed a rattling sound at certain frequencies. I was told a glue problem. However it was a fantastic sounding system in a small space that various experts said was too small and would not work.

Cohen The Barbarian

Wammer
Dec 21, 2023
Chorley,Lancs
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have the chance of a pair of 5.23s to replace my aging but faithful GB1's. Currently using an MF X150 amp, Exposure XM3 phono stage from a heavy Lenco with origin onyx arm and Hana SL cart.
The problem for me is the they are at the other end of the country so I can't have a listen first. I've read plenty but the opinion seems to sway bewtween brilliant and rather 'bright'. Any rrent or ex owners on here care to chip in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online