SOLD

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent condition throughout with nothing of note to mention in all honesty in regards to it’s condition.

8ohm & 15ohm speaker outputs

Recently been treated to a brand new matched set of 8 Genalex Gold Lion KT66 output valves at a cost of £650. It was serviced a couple of years back by HiFi Sound in Middlesbrough (previous owner) and has been used sparingly since. I can’t see anything that needs replacing. I’ve recently had one of the front knobs replaced for a brand new one (at a cost of £75) as the one was a bit more discoloured than the other, the second one has lost a bit of gold but nothing major. The one that was replaced is also included (so 3 in total)

As the KT66 are such big valves, the cages don’t fit over the top of the valves. They are obviously included though, and can be seen in other photos when I had EL34 valves installed.

It’s a nightmare to photograph with all the polished surfaces, none of which I can see are scratched at all. I’ll add pictures accordingly when I can get a decent one without seeing my ugly mush in the reflection!

With what I originally paid and the cost of the KT66 I think that £2000 £1900 collected from Shrewsbury is fair.

Postage is possible for between £75-100 fully insured.

I will not be held responsible for any damage though, video of me packing it will be taken and forwarded to buyer. It has its original packaging so I don’t envisage any issues. As the cages don’t fit over the KT66 the valves will need to be removed and sent separately so bear this in mind. I will not send them in the same packaging as they’ll just get smashed.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Last edited:

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will sell without the valves for £1750 if it helps keep costs down folks.

Note, you don’t need matched valves for this amp so you can pick up singles/pairs etc to use in it, much cheaper than buying brand new matched sets like I did

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m a former valve lover but strictly actives these days but can I just compliment your delightful system. Falcon, Kuzma, EAR and the Joilda, a beautiful set up both sonically and aesthetically.

I think that’s a cracking price for the amp, GLWS

Reactions: DomT and bhope58122

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m a former valve lover but strictly actives these days but can I just compliment your delightful system. Falcon, Kuzma, EAR and the Joilda, a beautiful set up both sonically and aesthetically.

I think that’s a cracking price for the amp, GLWS
Thank you. I’ve been fortunate to have been able to assemble many systems over the last few years with the approval of my wife (she is very tolerant) This is by far the best setup so far. I’m seriously considering pulling the EAR from sale as it’s that good. Just seems overkill alongside my massively upgraded Copland CTA402 which is now back with me.

Safe to say I won’t be upset if it doesn’t sell

Reactions: Tarzan

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now also on eBay to “show willing” to my wife that I do actually intend on selling it.

Much rather it went on here if I do end up parting with it 👍🏻

Last edited:

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a question knowing nothing about valve amps
Would the EAR be enough to drive my GALE 401’s
Kindest regards Julian

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a question knowing nothing about valve amps
Would the EAR be enough to drive my GALE 401’s
Kindest regards Julian
Hi, Julian

No experience with your speakers I’m afraid but I would be very surprised if it didn’t drive them with ease.

Regards,

Ben

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of my favourite amps with big Tannoys. Should drive the 401s no bother.

Price is too cheap.

With the KT66's included at £2K, it's a steal. These don't come up often either, so I looked on my old thread and it took 16 days to sell mine. I personally preferred the sound of the 834 over a V20 I demonstrated.

Have a bump on me... 👍

montesquieu

Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With the KT66's included at £2K, it's a steal. These don't come up often either, so I looked on my old thread and it took 16 days to sell mine. I personally preferred the sound of the 834 over a V20 I demonstrated.

Have a bump on me... 👍
Yup I've had the V20 too, 834 is the better amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online