Wammer
Oct 31, 2012
Manchester
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

Can anyone tell me best way to get sound from my Xgimi Halo projector into my hifi speakers?

I have an old fashioned/traditional amp (ie RCA only) but...I also have a raspberry pi4 with Pi CorePlayer feeding into a Denafrips Aress II. It occurs to me I could get in there somewhere. The projector has HDMI but I gather this might be audio and video and would therefore need splitting. Could the Pi handle this via its own HDMI maybe? Would it add delay/be a heavy load on the little Pi?

Ta

orfalot

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2012
Manchester
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

Can anyone tell me best way to get sound from my Xgimi Halo projector into my hifi speakers?

I have an old fashioned/traditional amp (ie RCA only) but...I also have a raspberry pi4 with Pi CorePlayer feeding into a Denafrips Aress II. It occurs to me I could get in there somewhere. The projector has HDMI but I gather this might be audio and video and would therefore need splitting. Could the Pi handle this via its own HDMI maybe? Would it add delay/be a heavy load on the little Pi?

Ta
It's an Xgimi Mogo Pro+ btw

Signs

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 14, 2019
It will physically connect but wasn't sure it would be a compatible signal. Would you know?
From what I can see on the website it looks to me its the only way to get audio out , its got to be worth a punt ?

Reactions: orfalot

orfalot

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2012
Manchester
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for responses. Having found my remote for the projector and on looking at settings it seems config options are fairly limited. HDMI appears to be input only. It supports Bluetooth 5.0 so rather than use minijack output which I presume is analog/amplified I think I'll be getting a Bluetooth adaptor that outputs RCA which i'd hope will be at the appropriate level for feeding into my amp.

Happy to hear of any recommendations on that front.

Cheers.

Ray Vardy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2018
Planet Earth
raysplace.com
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for responses. Having found my remote for the projector and on looking at settings it seems config options are fairly limited. HDMI appears to be input only. It supports Bluetooth 5.0 so rather than use minijack output which I presume is analog/amplified I think I'll be getting a Bluetooth adaptor that outputs RCA which i'd hope will be at the appropriate level for feeding into my amp.

Happy to hear of any recommendations on that front.

Cheers.
Is the projector bluetooth for sending or receiving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles