Qobuz for classical music

darrell

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Today, a new version of the LMS/Squeezebox Qobuz plug-in has been released, with major enhancements for classical music listeners. See example before and after images below.

• Automatically identifies classical albums
  • User configurable additional genres if you find any not picked up automatically, want to apply to Jazz, etc.
  • Shows a playlist for each work in the release
  • Shows work subheadings in the album view
  • Adds composer and work to the track title in Now Playing
  • Can be switched on/off in the settings

I was involved in the development of these enhancements, so I should be able to help with any questions or bugs found.

LMS is a cross-platform free/open source music server with lots of plugins for online music sources (notably Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, BBC Sounds, Radio Paradise...) It's Material Skin plug-in provides a modern interface for all devices.

For those without Squeezebox hardware, software players are available for all platforms and there are plugins to make Chromecast, Airplay and any UPnP devices show up as available players.

Before:

BB before.png
oboe before.png
BB before 2.png

After:

BB after.png
oboe after.png BB after 2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: garn63

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a non classical listener I have no idea if this really improved the access and sorting of this type of music . But a huge thanks to you for your work along with others that keeps the LMS both up to date and relevant . I have used LMS since the original Touch and still find it my favourite music software .

Disarmamant

Certified foo free
Wammer
Mar 30, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent work thank you, and thanks for posting about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.