Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve owned plenty of vintage Quad amps in my time and have always picked up gear in lovely cosmetic condition and serviced (or had it serviced myself). Obviously this increases the outlay but I believe this is the only way to go.

This 33 is a peach with only minor marks to the casing. It’s had a full Dada revision, the work being carried out in June of this year by a retired electronics design engineer of some forty years experience. I’ll let the photos of the internals and boards speak for the quality of the work.

Work carried out includes the following:

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]All switches, potentiometers and contacts serviced and cleaned with Deoxit. Testing clean and all working noise free.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]New legend lamp fitted[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Casework and internals thoroughly cleaned[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Disc adaptor board loading changed to 47k to suit modern MM pickups[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]All transistor replacements are Fairchild low noise BC550c, Panasonic FR/FM and Nicholson capacitors, ½ Watt 1% metal film resistors where changed. All out of tolerance components changed. Input caps changed to 1uF vishay MKT. PSU completely rebuilt to 16 volt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE]Bench tested and sounds excellent. The bandwidth is better than factory spec. due to input caps changed to slightly higher values. ie more articulate lower frequencies.

[SIZE=12pt]All in all this is a really lovely looking and sounding 33, very clean and clear with a very quiet background.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The amp. comes with 3 short DIN to Phono socket adaptor leads, 2 x 5 pin and 1 x 4 pin, so you’re all set up to go. It will be well packed, with the packaging as shown being contained in another box and bubble wrapped.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]£210 delivered within mainland UK, BT only please. Cheers.[/SIZE]

1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

8.1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

DSCN4970.JPG

DSCN4969.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Ian

i will take it for a selection of equipment of vintage gear for the future mancave bake offs ...it will be equipment from 1968 to 1976 and the 33 slots in quite nicely

kindest regards Julian

• Upvote
Reactions: Ian

Nagraboy

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2014
Nottingham
AKA
Greg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got one of these from the same electronics restorer as Ian’s 33 and it’s not going anywhere! A lovely thing to use with my 303 and very reassuring to have a minty example stashed away for when you might need one. GLWTS.

* Ah I see it’s sold!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got one of these from the same electronics restorer as Ian’s 33 and it’s not going anywhere! A lovely thing to use with my 303 and very reassuring to have a minty example stashed away for when you might need one. GLWTS.

* Ah I see it’s sold!
I struggled a bit with letting this go but the 24 has taken its place. I'm confident bigrod will be happy with it, even just to look at when not using it - I nearly kept it just to leave on the shelf ! 

Reactions: Nagraboy

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It really is in lovely condition to say it’s 40 odd years old ..all switches and knobs nice and smooth action
But will stay in box till mancave is ready next year .

kindest regards Julian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.