Linn Owners

Radikal 2 (Upgrade) arrived

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think you are being too nice by calling them superlatives, I would rather say hyperbole, just like in the naim world, every upgrade opens up a window to heaven, that is until the next one...

Welcome to the world of multiple universes along with an infinite number of windows that open up on to an equal number of heavens ........... (y)

Oh no. yet another case of blatant hyperbole ........... :cool:

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Welcome to the world of multiple universes along with an infinite number of windows that open up on to an equal number of heavens ........... (y)

Oh, no! We are entering the Hi-Fi Multiverse! Watch out for the monsters in the Quantum Realm!

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I think the lawyers recommend using hyperbole. It's harder to sue someone for making meaningless statements.

"Sublime!" :)

Reactions: Wenge1

Ron.P

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With the Radikal2 installed, I'm stunned, amused, incredulous, hysterical, gobsmacked, in a state of disbelief of all the information that is in the grooves of records that I thought I knew very well. I still don't get it but I'm glad I got it.
If you can afford it, I would say get it, probably before you upgrade a cartridge, even.
Wow!

Matteo

Matteo
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Milano, Italia
AKA
Matteo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With the Radikal2 installed, I'm stunned, amused, incredulous, hysterical, gobsmacked, in a state of disbelief of all the information that is in the grooves of records that I thought I knew very well. I still don't get it but I'm glad I got it.
If you can afford it, I would say get it, probably before you upgrade a cartridge, even.
Wow!
Glad for you!

I’m waiting for Utopik availability for Rad 2 before take the plunge

Reactions: akamatsu

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow!

Thank goodness for that - I thought you might be jumping on a plane and coming over here and searching me out for falsely singing its praises :ROFLMAO: . Glad you like it Ron; enjoy it man its a FAB upgrade.

Ron.P

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry if I keeping babbling about this, but even at low, late night volume, the Radikal's effects are easy to hear. The lower mids/upper bass is especially improved, where what was previously deep, powerful, but indistinct, is now very detailed as the strings are plucked. These Linn guys are frikin geniuses!
One criticism: What's Linn's idea about not providing a comprehensive manual? For example, how much current does this thing draw? Should I leave it on?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry if I keeping babbling about this, but even at low, late night volume, the Radikal's effects are easy to hear. The lower mids/upper bass is especially improved, where what was previously deep, powerful, but indistinct, is now very detailed as the strings are plucked. These Linn guys are frikin geniuses!
One criticism: What's Linn's idea about not providing a comprehensive manual? For example, how much current does this thing draw? Should I leave it on?
Babble on please. Reminds me of when I got the R2. I might still be babbling. I leave mine on 24/7.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
LP12 Manual:

Linn LP12 Specifications:
Go see your dealer.

© 1972 Linn Co Ltd

:mad:
Linn LP12 Data Sheet:

Ron.P, you should leave the PS unit on. It draws little power when running and very little when the motor is not turning. I leave mine on and recommend to customers to do so as well.

Reactions: Ron.P

Ron.P

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Linn LP12 Data Sheet:

Ron.P, you should leave the PS unit on. It draws little power when running and very little when the motor is not turning. I leave mine on and recommend to customers to do so as well.
I am leaving it on. It gets barely warm to the touch. I also leave my preamps on; in fact my phono pre doesn't even have a power switch.
Not to get too hyperbolic, but this thing is as big a component-level improvement as I can remember.

Daveyf

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I first installed my Radikal, I reached out to Linn to see if it was a good idea to leave the unit on all the time. I was told by the factory rep to not do this, and to turn it off when not in use.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I first installed my Radikal, I reached out to Linn to see if it was a good idea to leave the unit on all the time. I was told by the factory rep to not do this, and to turn it off when not in use.
My understanding is not to leave the DC motor running when not in use, not, necessarily, the Radikal box.

’troll

Daveyf

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did they tell you why?
I received this e.mail from Richard at the factory:

"For safety, reasons we recommend to power off products when they are not in use. Our products incorporate surface mount component circuitry and as such do not require long to reach optimum operating temperature."

Reactions: akamatsu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.