Rega direct drive turntable

Bushmendous

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 10, 2012
Sussex
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For anyone whose interested: lovely secondhand record and hifi shop in Brighton - Monkey Music - are selling a very rare Rega direct drive TT. Only £495 which seems a bit of a bargain considering it's rareness.

Toodles

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
really? Never heard of a Rega DD turntable, or mention on the interweb.....

They do however have a nice Michell Hydraulic Reference in the window on street view....

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I spoke to Terry Bateman about it a few years back when I was full-time at Hi-Fi World and a reader wrote in about one he'd acquired. It's something that they dabbled with in the late 1970s and involved the fitment of the well known Matsushita direct drive motor to a Rega Planar 3.

Apparently the results weren't all that impressive and the idea was shelved. Only a handful of prototypes were made and they were never supposed to have left the factory.

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well that's saved a trip to Brighton. What happened to the avatar Adam - liked the old one - this one's a bit obvious.

Bushmendous

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 10, 2012
Sussex
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not aware of this either, pictures please! :)
Sorry, I have departed said shop, but it looked very tidy. Quite plain and classic in a Rega way. You'll have to use your imagination!

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For anyone whose interested: lovely secondhand record and hifi shop in Brighton - Monkey Music - are selling a very rare Rega direct drive TT. Only £495 which seems a bit of a bargain considering it's rareness. Toodles
Pictures please, or any reference. Never hear before that Rega have DD turntables. Monkey Music don't have webpage.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.