inspirehifi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbys
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All

For those with an old (or new) Rega plannar (or P) 2, 3, 5, here is an un edited version of the news article (see below) going in the Hi Fi Press in the next month or so for the Quest upgrades - Its a great package, and when you see some new turntables available at up to £2,000 it represents amazing value - both sound and looks are elevated in a quite dramatic way - if you want further info give me a call or email / PM

Free rebuild for Wammers

Regards

Robert

Inspire Hi Fi Limited

01246 827272

......................................................................................................................................................................

News Release

Following on from the success of the Vivid upgrade package for Linn LP12 turntables Inspire Hi Fi have recently launched their comprehensive Quest upgrade package for Rega Plannar 2 and 3 or P2, 3, and 5 turntables etc

Inspire state that the comprehensive upgrade package which they offer, takes any Rega turntable (whether it be an old damaged Plannar 2 or 3, and right up to the later P5’s and above) to an exceptional level of sound and looks, for a low price.

The upgrade package starts at £189, and that brings you a beautiful and professionally hand crafted solid 50mm Birch Ply plinth with acrylic and Sorbothane coned feet. Everything is manufactured to the highest quality, with attention to detail, enabling the Rega parts to be re built into the new plinth.

Inspire point out that parts of the Rega turntable such as the RB250 and RB300 tonearms, bearing housing and motor etc are of very high quality, and as such form the basis of a sound investment in the Quest upgrade package

Other options include practically any veneer such as Santos Rosewood, Cherry, Maple and Light American Oak. The cost to have the full luxurious veneer finish is £89.

Inspire say that the Rega parts such as the bearing and tonearm etc when fitted to the new solid Birch ply plinth give a large improvement in sound and elevate your Rega turntable up to some currently marketed turntables costing up to £,2000. This is even more so when you add the Inspire 23mm machined acrylic platter which is £89

Other options include the Inspire PUKA record weight and ACRI mat and even an off board PSU is available.

Inspire point out that practically any Rega turntable in almost any condition working or not, can be brought up to an extremely high standard.

If spare Rega parts are needed, Inspire are able to provide them and also have new tonearms and cartridges available if required.

The package is available for DIY, or Inspire will also offer to carry out the complete rebuild in their factory (which is located 1 minute off J29A of the M1 in Derbyshire) for a special introductory price of £40.

If a customer wishes to send the Rega turntable to Inspire, a box and packaging can be provided and Inspire will also collect the turntable from any where in the UK for a small charge. Inspire also offer to do a while you wait rebuild of your Rega turntable (by appointment)

Inspire say that the whole procedure from collection to the rebuild is carried in a fuss free professional and timely manner. They say the end result is spectacular

Anyone wishing for more details of the package can contact Inspire Hi Fi Limited

01246 827272

robert@inspirehifi.co.uk

www.inspirehifi.co.uk

inspirehifi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbys
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And nearly forgot to say - see pic below of a customer order we sent out last week - of his Rega in a Quest plinth made for a 12 inch arm (our X200 12 inch arm is seen sitting very nicely)

2lw4pzs.jpg

Robert

Inspire Hi Fi

Olivier

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2009
London, United Kingd
AKA
Olivier. Surprise!
As a happy customer, I can tell you he offers full decks- I didn't have anything, and Bob supplied spare parts for rebuild, which he did very nicely.

I am very satisfied with my new TT!!

inspirehifi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbys
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All

Yes, they can be made to this spec even if you do not have an old (or new) Rega turntable - we have all the parts avaialble

We also have one avaialble in cherry with a new Project 12 inch arm (arm retail is £500)

Dimensions for the 12 inch Quest plinth are 515 x 370 mm

Cost of this 12 inch package with the new 12 inch arm is total £730

An absolute bargain - performance and looks are massively above its price

Other pacakges can be put together with arms and cartidges

Phone or email for details

Regards

Robert

Inspire Hi Fi

01246 827272 (diverts to mobile if we are not in the factory)

Available for more information Monday to Friday and also Saturday and Sunday

robert@inspirehifi.co.uk

www.inspirehifi.co.uk

Penfold

Wammer
New Wammer
May 10, 2010
, ,
Hi Robert - do the upgrades available include replacing the plastic sub-platter with a metal one? I have a P3-24 and have been looking into how to improve it's performance - from what I have seen so far replacing the sub-platter seems to be a popular and pretty universally recommended upgrade but I could not see it mentioned above.

Cheers

inspirehifi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbys
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

We put this amazing Quest package together today, with the superior tracking of a 12 inch arm - for just £799

Comes with:

Larger Quest 50mm solid Birch Ply plinth with acrylic and sorbothane coned feet

Cherry veneer

12 inch Project 12c carbon tonearm

30 mm deluxe machined acylic platter

New Rega premotec motor

Aluminium inner platter

Ortofon 2M Blue

Record weight

A remarkable `12 inch` turntable and arm package including cartridge for £799

Stunning sound and looks

Email or phone for more details of this or other exciting Rega re build options