RETROTECH UK FAIR (Formerly called the National Vintage Communications Fair)

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
RetroTechUK is the new name and image for the former National Vintage Communications Fair, (NVCF) established in 1992, the event has evolved and outgrown its previous title!

The next Fair will take place on Sunday 8 May, NEXT SUNDAY, at the Warwickshire Events Centre, CV31 1XN, between the hours of 09.00 and 16.00.

More details can be found at:-

https://www.retrotechuk.com/

I have been allocated stalls 139 and 140 which are located on the right hand side of the hall, 3 rows up from the ramp , I have lots to sell but am always up for a chat and as usual I will be wearing my black Wam polo shirt, so stop and say hello - I don't bite (too hard).

Last edited:

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll be visiting - see you there Robin!

rab1991

Wammer
Jul 11, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Undecided wether or not to come to this what's it normally like? with the early entrance being £25 this along with fuel ect it'll be about £50 before anything else.

toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
Having a good rummage around and buying the odd item really is tremendous fun, wouldn't miss it.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm doing this and I will be roughly the same position as 2021, namely, 109-110.

I'm principally selling records with a wide selection of LPs and 7" 45s, but I will also be selling some kit, notably, a TD124.
The Thorens c/w a basic plinth, armboard, top platter (which I dont use when playing) and a refurbished motor. It has the Hanza spring motor upgrade. Its a MK2 and has been working really well at record fairs, wowing the customers. Its selling to fund a new motor car (the 'Wam Taxi' needs a new vehicle..)
As well I will be trying to sell a couple of AR decks, one for Joolz's widow Cathy, and a pair of Elac speakers kindly donated to Joolz's cause by our own Jezr - proceeds to the Macmillan Cancer research Fund. It can all be seen working as ive booked a power point.

I'm hoping to see some familiar faces and some new ones..

Jack NSM

Last edited:

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
100 miles each way for me and 5 hours driving = not going :(
Have fun people , hope you all have a successful day .

wizmax

Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Undecided wether or not to come to this what's it normally like? with the early entrance being £25 this along with fuel ect it'll be about £50 before anything else.
The only advantage of paying £25 to enter early is to give you first refusal of the items offered for sale, if you wish to buy a particular item then early entry will give you the best chance of success. Generally, what paying £25 to enter early does not give you is the chance to pick up the best bargains, most sellers will not take offers on the items they have for sale until at least 11.00am, in my case 12.00, when all of the buyers will have had a chance to see what's on offer and purchase at the marked price.

It's difficult to know how this event will do, the October 2021 event was an absolute washout, despite being the first sale for a long time people were still reluctant to meet in large groups and on top of that we had the fuel shortage which also put a lot of people off. My best guess was that we were about 30% down on sellers ( the organizers asked us to spread ourselves out to make it appear that all stalls were occupied), and 80% of buyers it was a very quiet day and those that did attend seemed reluctant to spend money. Hopefully Sunday will be much busier with all of the 193 stalls occupied and a much larger group of buyers, but even so it is always a good social gathering with a fair few Wammers in attendance.

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have taken a look at my workshop, system, cupboards, garage and loft. I have also double checked my ability to stop buying more and more stuff and resist temptations. With regret, I have reached the conclusion that attending would be very, very dangerous.

I hope it goes well for you all. I'm far safer at bakeoffs and the Wam show, where there is a lack of lovely old things available to purchase ;)

Reactions: steve 57

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You could always attend, and just buy teas for the old things you encounter. 😂😂

Reactions: Maverick

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I dont know what you mean Henry....
It was a good day in the end, but i had to rely on record sales to make the maths work. Should have taken my classical but its easy to be wise after the event.
Good chats with Steve 57, Adam, Graeme, Henry of course, Robin briefly before he had to fly back to his own stall, Gordon of Stamford Audio and some lovely customers. Bought a small 7" singles collection from a punter and some fab LPs from Gordon including a Dinah Washington, 2 copies of Sheffield Labs' King James, and a Jap pressing of the Rickie Lee Jones debut album.

:)

wizmax

Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had an excellent day which was notable for the way the time flashed by. Spoke to the same people as Jack plus the ever present Beobloke with his sidekick Tim Jarman, John and Richard Howes (Audiojumble) and met G8ina for the first time, many interesting topics were covered. Sales wise had a good day, it took 4 journeys to transport my offerings into the hall but only 2 trips on the way out. My only purchase was from a nice lady who offered to clean my glasses for free using gunk that is made from plant extracts, I was so impressed with the results that I bought a small jar.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
100 miles each way for me and 5 hours driving = not going :(
Have fun people , hope you all have a successful day .
5 hours for 200 miles? Jesus, how slowly do you drive?!! ;) My total journey was just over 320 miles and It took me about 4 hours and 45 minutes in total.

Great to be out and about and to see everyone and I managed to stick to my resolution not to buy anything. Well, apart from a pair of Mordaunt Short MS-300s that were just too good to resist...

Roll on the Audiojumble in a few weeks!

Reactions: wizmax

steve 57

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 7, 2008
east yorks, , UK
AKA
steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I had a great day, and great to meet new faces
My hardest part of the day was to avoid buying a pair of esl63's for only £200. Luckily someone brought them whilst I was at the car loading up for home.

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
5 hours for 200 miles? Jesus, how slowly do you drive?!! ;) My total journey was just over 320 miles and It took me about 4 hours and 45 minutes in total.

Great to be out and about and to see everyone and I managed to stick to my resolution not to buy anything. Well, apart from a pair of Mordaunt Short MS-300s that were just too good to resist...

Roll on the Audiojumble in a few weeks!
We have a lot of tractors op here in turnip land ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online