nomore landings

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2018
Dawson's Field
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Sad news. The Byrds was my first album and later watched the movie Woodstock without realising the association with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Decades later, drove around Laurel Canyon to see where they all lived. His harmonising vocals with the Hollies' Graham Nash remain a favourite from the era that still dominates my listening. A glimpse of David here:

Laurel canyon trailer

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sad news. The Byrds was my first album and later watched the movie Woodstock without realising the association with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Decades later, drove around Laurel Canyon to see where they all lived. His harmonising vocals with the Hollies' Graham Nash remain a favourite from the era that still dominates my listening. A glimpse of David here:

Laurel canyon trailer
Yes sad news , he certainly lived life to full and will be remembered as a founder of that Californian music scene .
Didn't see them in their hey day but saw CSN 3 times and Crosby Nash twice in the last 20 years.
Laurel Canyon is a great watch .

RIP David Crosby

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A great songwriter, musician and performer with others and as a solo artist. In the last few years his solo output has been as good as anything he’s done in the past too. I’ve been listening to his music and that unique voice for most of my life. RIP David.

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the summer, sitting in the garden in the dark, fire pit lit, one glass of wine too many, listening to CSN or CSNY. Life doesn’t get much better. Huge Byrds fan too. Sad day but he made it to an age no one expected, least of all him and his last few years were so productive with some really great music.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He also remained one of those rare singers who never lost it.

The David Gilmour Remember That Night concert at the Albert Hall was not just helped by Crosby and Nash performing; it was taken to another level. The three of them singing 'Find the Cost of Freedom' is utterly stunning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online