Wammer Plus
Sep 8, 2012
Blackpool
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Very sad
Not a huge fan of Club RFU - but followed most sports all my life
Wasps,Harlequins, London Irish etc…stick in the memory from Saturday afternoons spent watching results come in on the teleprinter😎

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think most clubs are balanced on a knife edge and could default if they have a bad season & fans desert them.

A sad day for any sport when a team fails...😟

Reactions: enrae8

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Undoubtedly there will be more - commercial enterprises that are run on or close to the 'knife edge' usually end up being holed under the waterline by something not expected or not planned for. It is a great shame to see this happen to professional sports teams well known in the sports arena but they, like every other enterprise, are not immune.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Undoubtedly there will be more - commercial enterprises that are run on or close to the 'knife edge' usually end up being holed under the waterline by something not expected or not planned for. It is a great shame to see this happen to professional sports teams well known in the sports arena but they, like every other enterprise, are not immune.
I guess all the clubs are owned by someone who wants to take a profit out as well which weakens them further.

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess all the clubs are owned by someone who wants to take a profit out as well which weakens them further.
That can certainly be an issue and has been a problem for some teams. But general mismanagement along with overreaching to gain short term sporting success is also a big issue.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That can certainly be an issue and has been a problem for some teams. But general mismanagement along with overreaching to gain short term sporting success is also a big issue.
Yeah no doubt I do worry about Sale Sharks they seem to have had a meteoric rise up the premiership table pretty fast.

I just hope like you said there is'nt a large financial hole behind which could swallow them up 😲

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenge1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.